MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Hey guys, I've changed the fork seals on my YZ125 (1996) and that was fairly easy.

I'm going to be helping my friend change the seals on his 1997 KTM MXC 360 which has right side up forks. Does anyone know of any potential problems I might run into? Will the process be about the same?

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Mike does this model come with the wp 50mm forks or the mazzos?the mazzos are a bit different as the bushes often come out(through the seal) with the chrome leg.Also i think they have a heavier oil than a normal fork.Sorry i cant be more help but ive only done one set-Also i think you need to ensure the seal thickness is the same -if not you need a spacer to remove any slack.Whipit i think is the KTM fork guru-any ideas for us whipit.

I seem to remember they were not that hard to do-just slightly different than a KYB.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Well, the forks are the Mazzos or Marcozzi or whatever they're called. We couldn't get the seals out, so we put them back together and have decided to bring them to the shop. It seems to me that you might need some sort of seal remover because slapping the tubes apart didn't pull the seal out. There also seemed to be some sort of piece of foil type material under the seal.... it was sticking out a little. It looked to me like the last guy didn't remove this when he was installing the seal, what it's from, I don't know, but I am sure it isn't supposed to be there. We will see what the shop says.

Top Bottom