cr25096er

Apr 16, 2002
i just got a completely stock 97yz125. i mean STOCK!! grips, tires, everythng! it runs great but is definitly rich. it seems fine when ur really reving it. but seems rich everywhere but on the main. how much of a change would raising the needle jet a notch? how much does it effect the main? i can live w/ the rich jetting but im not gonna foul the plug in the middle of the pit lol. Also what does loading up signal? Im thinking the pilot jet being rich but im not 100% sure.

SterlingYZ

Mar 19, 2003
Congrats on your find! With everything still stock, I guess they didn't put many hours on it. I have the same bike, and it RIPS. It is essentially the same enging as the 2001, with the 6 speed. I love this bike. I really haven't had to mess too much with my jetting, but mine is a little bit rich too. When I first start it for the day, it runs a bit rich, but as soon as I clean it out with sone WFO runs, it sings like a champ. I just had it at the track this past weekend, and railed corners and jumped like the best of em. VERY nice, VERY reliable bike. Sorry I can't give you more advice on the jetting, but congrats on a great find! I'll run my '97 against the best of em ANYDAY!!

-SterlingYZ

cr25096er

Apr 16, 2002
Thanx!! I have a question. when its at idle what does yours sound like? Any rattles or anything. im a bit paranoid(sp?) bec its the stock top end. I dont think it was ridden much at all but ya know lol.

TX21

Dec 31, 2002
I got a 98 and the only thing that rattles is the kick start lever but not much. Very good bike had it about 8 months and no real problems that I did not cause. I have some oil coming out of the exaust valve overflow tube and the side cover but I guess thats normal.

Top Bottom