Mr. Mark

Jan 6, 2000
I've been sorting out a friends used 98 (just bought) KDX and just noticed that the lights are always on, and that the on/off switch is missing. There must be a jumper somewhere in the wiring harness. Anyone know the location of where the light switch connectors are?. I've pulled the right shroud and can see some connectors near the coil but no obvious jumpers. I think I may have to pull the tank to get a good access.

Thanks,
Mark
00 KTM 300 E/XC

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Honestly, I thought all Japanese woods bikes had their lights on all the time when the bike is running. Every one I've ever owned did. Something to do with DOT or whatever.

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
KDX all have switches for lights. Lights flashing amongst the the trees and bushes in the woods is very distracting imo. I cannot help Mr. Mark above. I am sure answer is in KDX shop manual that is on here somewhere. John

Mr. Mark

Jan 6, 2000
The cdi is located under the seat by the airbox. Is that where you mean?
Of course the airbox lid is long gone and the cdi is dangling by a zip tie.
Lesson learned. Never buy a used bike in the dark when you're in a hurry.

rus23

Jun 2, 2008
wires

The light switch wires are yellow and red, and they should be in a black shroud thingy with the red and black (power/ground) for the lights. A jumper between those (yellow and red) would probably have the lights on all the time. The wires come out around the steering stem on the left side.

This is coming from me looking at my 97 KDX 220.

Top Bottom