demonrider

Jun 7, 2006
my clutch arm on my 98 yz 250 wont spring back....i kept tightening the lever but it finally gave way...when i ride and the engines hott i have a little bit of give to get the clutch going......any ideas on what could be wrong....is this what happens when u need a new clutch?

MXWRENCH

Jun 15, 2006
98 Yz250 Clutch Issues.

Hi, the best thing to do would be to check all the clutch components for wear. Take all the parts out, clean and inspect them. Damaged cable, dirt wedged in actuator shaft and a worn basket could be the cause. With a bike as old as the 98 it is a given that cetain parts will be worn past their repair limit and will need replacement. Check your owners manual / clymer manual for service limits.

Check If the outer clutch basket has grooves (chatter marks) on the tabs, if so they will prevent the clutch from engaging/disengaging properly. Try oiling you cable as well.

I have just filed out the grooves on my 97 YZ250 along with lubing the cable. This really made a night and day difference. Depending on how worn your basket is, you might have to replace it.

I hope this is helpfull , i am not a mechanic but work on my own bikes so my experienced is limited.

Good luck. :laugh:

demonrider

Jun 7, 2006
well the bike was maintained more than it needed.....the clutch was changed not too longf ago but i guess that is the best way to find out the real problem....thanx alot.

Top Bottom