scott77

Jun 3, 2006
I just got a really good deal on a 99 yz 250 just woundering what u guys thought of them. I rode alot in the late 80 and early 90's. Always had yz's and loved them. What do you think of the 99 model

demonrider

Jun 7, 2006
i just bought a WORKED 98 yz250 and have to say incredible.....i love the ride and seeing as there were no major changes from 98 to 99 id say enjoy...

Jeff Howe

Apr 19, 2000
There were major changes in 99. The 99 got a whole new motor. It's a great bike. Great power with excellent hop up potential. I think the one weak area was the steel damper rod in the forks. It can tend to rust and corrode if you let the oil get old and nasty. When it does it rips the rod bushing apart and gets "sticky". Really a good bike though!!

ls1cameric

Feb 23, 2006
Jeff Howe said:
There were major changes in 99. The 99 got a whole new motor. It's a great bike. Great power with excellent hop up potential. I think the one weak area was the steel damper rod in the forks. It can tend to rust and corrode if you let the oil get old and nasty. When it does it rips the rod bushing apart and gets "sticky". Really a good bike though!!

Your right. In 99 they got the new motor. I've got an 02 and abosultely love my bike. I wouldnt trade it for anything (well maybe an 06) but I say enjoy it man. It's a hell of a machine.

Sep 2, 2005
I think there were more changes made to the 99 model then there was any year following.

The 99 seen new
Motor
Hubs
Excel rims
New rear linkage ratio

Pretty much the same recipe they are using today

Top Bottom