xr400forever

Jan 6, 2002
canyncarvr:

Now that we have our search function back , I was doing some "research" on various KDX topics. What I noticed time and time again was the extent of you involvement with this forum. You are always there helping out and giving well thought-out and informed advice. You have been great in helping me out on a questions. You probably never get any time to ride with all the help you give us all. Anyhow..... just wanted to say what what running through my mind and forward a BIG THANK-YOU to you.

I hope no one else takes any offence because you have all in fact been very heplful and are a great bunch. You all make owning my KDX even more fun than it already is.

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
Yeah What he said. We really owe you a BIG thanks for taking time to hlp others on this forum. This guy is for you Canyonman :worship:

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Someone stole my name...and I'm pretty pi$$ed about it.

I..(the original canyncarvr) am known for negative (vs: positive, I guess) responses and smart a$$ed comments expressed as points of view.

re: 'You probably never get any time to ride ..'

Huh? Ride what? Is this about motorcycles?

...haven't owned one in years! And we don't need no steenking flavor!

;)

cheers....and thanks. I'll take a kudos any time one is offered. Even if I'm not me!

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
1. Nobody runs the Moto Tassinari Delta Force II
2. Adjustment of the airscrew is meaningless
3. Jetting is Not worth it, most bikes are jetted perfectly from the factory.

Just kidding, CC - thought I'd pick a few of your favorites.

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
Originally posted by 23jayhawk
1. Nobody runs the Moto Tassinari Delta Force II
2. Adjustment of the airscrew is meaningless
3. Jetting is Not worth it, most bikes are jetted perfectly from the factory.

Just kidding, CC - thought I'd pick a few of your favorites.

4. Tuning suspension is a waste of time. The forks work fine for a 200lb rider from the factory. :moon:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by fatty_k

4. Tuning suspension is a waste of time. The forks work fine for a 200lb rider from the factory. :moon:
LMAO!

Unless your Moose95 at the top of a 40 foot step up, then you get "Wheeze....Cough....Cough....and some rub on plastic from his suspention bottoming. :) :thumb:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Wheeeze!!!!!!!!!!

Stock suspention, 190lb. rider.....

Attachments

• wheeze.jpg
    wheeze.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 163

electra549

Nov 14, 2002
Mrs. CC here to chime in with all you guys!

I stay on the ATV forums, but also check this forum out on a regular basis. After seeing this thread, I felt impelled to add my "Thanks" for taking the time to help me out as I'm learning to fine-tune my quad. Even though he gets that "deer in the headlights" stare from me on occasion when showing me grafts, and sending me plug info, and showing me tapers of needles, and explaining which component of the carb affects which throttle position, and the list goes on... some of it really has sunk in, and I thank you for your patience and all the good info! Thanks hon!

Someone earlier in this thread mentioned he must not get time to ride??? Don't let him kid ya! The canyncarvr household eats, sleeps, and breathes riding! And I wouldn't have it any other way!!!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
One More. NOBODY uses those darn XR 400 .40 front fork springs either. Heh...heh..

Ya, CC you da man.........just work on the patience man. :O

wallasaki

May 23, 2002
Thanks for the time/money saving diagnosis Dr. CC. And there's more - the man can write! I at times am not even interested in the thread, but read to be entertained by my cyber Shakespeare.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Originally posted by electra549
...Someone earlier in this thread mentioned he must not get time to ride??? Don't let him kid ya! The canyncarvr household eats, sleeps, and breathes riding!
Based on the number of CC's posts, and the fact that he seems to be on the board 24x7, and he rides alot, then can we all assume that he is financially independent and doesn't need to work!

Or he doesn't require any sleep! ;)

Either way CC - :thumb: :thumb:

kdxtaz

~SPONSOR~
Mar 29, 2002
CC is a vital component of the Just KDX forum. My helmet's off to ya!
Oh, and please don't go orange on us!! ;) We already lost FredT to those silly orange bikes. :whiner:

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Hey Electra - welcome to DRN and don't you dare stop CC from posting, we'd be lost without him :) I'd often wondered about the Mrs CC and should've guessed you'd ride too (doh).

There's only one thing that drives me nuts - okay 2 - what does the nick mean and what the heck is his real name (but I guess you'd then have to kill me for finding out the secret lol). I always have to look if I spelt it right if I'm typing the full nick, but will stick to CC from now on.

Fred, I think CC's got a hell of a lot of patience. How many times does he reply to the same question within a month. Some of us post "do a search", but not CC, he reposts the info.

We'd better watch out though, CC may get a big(ger?) head over this thread, but I do think he's a great asset to the board (esp. as Mike & Fred have gone orange and C-Dave seems to be real busy these days).
Michelle

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
I have been a member a relatively short time, but I would like to say thanks too. Your thoughtful posts have been help to all. It always comes from a been there done that perspective which is always the best. I did not say that is always what the inquirier wanted to hear!!
Thanks and amen from Texas

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Why is it so warm in here? :o

Thanks for the kind words.

Spend any time on this forum and you'll find a LOT of people with a LOT of knowledge willing to help.

(completely aside: a bunch of know-it-alls that can't wait to tell you where to go? Hhhmmm...seems those words say the same thing...but they DON'T say the same thing at all, 'eh? Can you say t-o-n-e? :think: )

There is a ton of information on this board..and plenty of people that actually WORK at making/keeping it available.

Michelle: I've told more than a few to go look for themselves. ...but then I 'feel bad' and more often than not go find it myself and post the link to it. Glad the search function is back for that one reason.

yada yada yada Isn't it time to go riding??? ..yet???

Thanks all! :cool:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom