A Commode-Huggin' Good Time!

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
My dad came over yesterday to help me wrestle with my first crapper. :) To make things more fun it was the crapper in the submarine, PK had the pleasure of meeting this one. It's one of those bathrooms somebody just threw in the corner of a room. Total space is like 3'x5' with a commode and sink in it leaving about a foot to stand. Not much leg room in there. Needless to say it needed a new wax ring and sometime a new floor. I had fun standing cramped in the sub holding a toliet for 5 mins while my dad scraped out the old ring and installed the new. This will only be temperary fix til i deceide to replace the floor.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Buy a cork! Use your neighbor's pooper, drop the soldiers behind enemy territory! Sell the house, easier than puttin in the new mud catcher.;)

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Originally posted by BigLou

But as usual, you wind up with wet floors, "mud" tracked through the house... Lots of grunting and chest-pounding

What on earth are you doing in there?

B

biglou

Uh, the mud was from hosing the recently dislodged corrosion out of the tank in the back yard and then having to walk through the wet grass/dirt to retrieve said tank and bring it back into the house.

I just got back from talking to my "go to" plumbing guy, Jim at Owen Lumber/Ace Hardware in Belton, MO. Phase three of "Operation Crapper Flapper" is about to be underway. I'm planning a full frontal assault. It won't be pretty at the outset, but hopefully, in the end, the porcelain God will be appeased and reward me with flawless operation for the near future and beyond... :uh:

B

biglou

She's a fixed! :yeehaw: No more leaking crapper flapper! :aj:

The new FluidMaster flapper is water tight, and the tank to bowl just needed to be tighter. I had to remove the rubber bumbers from the top of the bowl part and just tighten the wing nuts down real good. No wobbly tank, no leaks, no "phantom flushing", no cycling water valve!

All is good in Crapperville at this hour! :)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Oooooooh! Big-a Lou-a
fix-a commode-o
All is good-a
in his abode-o!

bye BYYYYYYE!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Can you come to my house now that you have the patience to fix a toilet without destroying the bathroom? I'll buy the beer and the parts .... uh, how about some ribs? :)
Congrats on the successful operation .... I would rather mess with 480V 3 phase than touch plumbing!

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
At least you won't be full of poop anymore!:):)

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Yeah but did you get the graphics on straight? ;)

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Lou, congrats on the fixed crapporama.
Now...as Jeff stated, wax rings are the next pain the...well you know where the pain is.
Most toilets are installed with a wax ring that is nothing but wax...it WILL leak eventually. I suggest you go to an Ace hardware and buy a wax ring that has a nylon insert in it(about $3.00) Don't get a pure wax one.
Like Corey stated, if it don't leak, don't fix it...BUT you want to have that wax ring handy becasue one day...when you least expect it...it WILL leak. I was lucky last time and caught ours just as the leak started, but if you have the worst luck, the floor will be damaged before you notice the leak...not a good thing.

And btw....when a wax ring leaks, you cannot fix the old one...you can try, but you will be conducting an exercise in futility. :)

Last edited:
B

biglou

Oh, I know all about wax rings. I had quite the debacle with the hall bath a couple years ago. I wanted to "refurbish" the master crapper at the time, but after the hall bath drained the will to live out of me, I just went into procrastination mode (until this past Monday)!

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I would rather mess with 480V 3 phase than touch plumbing!

.....while standing in 8 inches of water!!! :eek: :flame: :uh:

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
bombardier to co pilot, bombardier to co pilot it's a go! flush flush. bombs are off! return lid to it's place :thumb:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Flood tubes 3 and 4 and plot asolution. I want full safeties, we don't want this fish coming back at us!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Yea - I once had to shut down the main service to a plant while standing in a foot of water with the water about a foot below the main breakers. I will never forget the feeling of touching the lever with my hand. I can still feel the texture and hear the sound of the plant winding down after I flipped the lever. Whew ...

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I had a similar situation here when the river decided to come through the building in '93. I can still remeber the smell of the river water combined with that oh so familiar MCC smell.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Same situation here, back in Vietnam, 4 clicks south of Ding Nang, the year was 1970. But that's another story......

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
lets see now..hmmm, he's able to fix a late 20th century state of the art fighter jet, but can't figure out a 19th century, gravity fed, pipe,mechanical valve and bowl plumbing device? dang lou, you just reinforced all the stereotypes i hold for gy-rines. :eek:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by sfc crash
dang lou, you just reinforced all the stereotypes i hold for gy-rines. :eek:

ROFL! :) :thumb:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…