LWilson250

Jan 1, 2001
It started when my friend Brian wanted me to come over and re-jet his bike. He had just done a top end rebuild and broken it in and yet it ran poorly. So we got a 178main and got it all crisp and smooth on Friday and then bummed around until it was time to go to bed.

7:30am we get up, hook up the trailer and go pick up Matt, a friend of Brian’s from XC at school. We load his CR80 and head to Splendora. It takes up 30 minutes to get there and we got a little scared when it started to rain on us a little.

We got to the track and saw the most amazing MX course we had ever seen. We drove in, parked and got out bikes out and looked for the guy to pay. Well we couldn’t find him and so Matt went out for a few laps and was going to come back later. As luck would have it the guy came over and got angry that Matt left without paying of signing in. So Brian went off to look for Matt and I followed close behind.

The track was the best I have ever ridden on, the dirt was perfect, always plenty of traction. It was easy to settle into a groove and get going. I worked my way around the track a few times and got used to the layout then started to push it a little more.

I was very happy because I could almost clear some of the tabletops. Brian was a little impatient with me because I supposedly wasn’t jumping enough. I think I did real well for my 2nd time on an MX track with my KX, not to mention first time with the new fuel tank!

I got going well enough that on the back 3 tabletops I was able to get 5-6ft of air off the first one, 2-3ft off the 2nd one and 3-4ft off the 3rd one. I mellowed out after I cased the 3rd tabletop and was nearly bounced off my bike... Over all I think I did real well.

Brian however didn’t fair so well... Something went wrong with his bike while he was 10ft in the air and the engine cut out. He then had to push it up the very steep and very long 100ft+ step-up triple. We think it was his powervalve...

Well that’s about it for my day at Splendora, I am really tired and am going to get some sleep now.

Here are some photos.
http://www.texasoffroad.net/galleries/members/album38

Lee W.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom