slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Originally posted by Erick82
I feal your price analysis is right on, I think the poblem with society and debt in general is everything else that people think they need. Just look at the crap people waste there money on today and all the credit thay have available to do so. 

have to agree w/you on this one.  It's a marketing scheme.  We are bombarded with it daily. "Use this product and it will make you bigger/faster/better looking/more succesful/etc..."  So we have to have it.  Credit makes it so we can pay $0 down and no interest/payments for months!

I don't think I would be any faster on a new CRF450 than my '92 CR250, but in my mind it will make me appear bigger/faster/better looking/more succesful/etc... so I will continue to whine about my old bike until my wife breaks down and leaves me or lets me get one! :)

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
See, I told you I wasn't an economist.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by Erick82
People use to mow there own grass, people use to change thier own oil, people use to work on there own stuff. Now, it is throw it away and go finace new.
What do you mean used to? I would consider it a sin to pay someone to change my cars oil or cut my grass. Plus they'ed probably screw it up. You know, the lines wouldn't be straight and all. If someone else worked on my stuff then what would I have to do?

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by MikeT
What do you mean used to? I would consider it a sin to pay someone to change my cars oil or cut my grass. Plus they'ed probably screw it up. You know, the lines wouldn't be straight and all. If someone else worked on my stuff then what would I have to do?
Ride your bike? :) :thumb:

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by IrishEKU
Ride your bike? :) :thumb:
Guess I had that one coming :)

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by slo' mo
We are bombarded with it daily. "Use this product and it will make you bigger/faster/better looking/more succesful/etc..." 

Does that explain why I have been receiving spam about enlargement lately? :scream:

A-RustyDemon

~SPONSOR~
Dec 9, 2002
Originally posted by BadgerMan

Yeah, and I have hit most of them!

I heard a factoid recently that there are more trees in the USofA today than there were in the year 1900. So, put that in your pipe and smoke it! ;)

Sorry I do not smoke. But I am a tree hugger.. Yep I hug em' and kiss em'.. then cut em' down and eventually burn em' in my wood stove... A true environmentalist.... :thumb:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom