dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Those are going to be in Strick's avatar, right?

After 4 straight years of hosting DRN's biggest ride outside of Dirt Week, he IS getting an avatar, right?

Please put the man at the front of the line.

High Desert XR400

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2000
Give the man an Avatar....

I second the motion!

What about a picture of the "Moon Rock" plaque that was presented to Strick at dinner on Saturday night? It was pretty cool! :thumb:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
This was my first Reno ride, but he did run the risk of letting me borrow his bike for the day! I third the motion!

ROCKIN

Feb 24, 2003
Though an Avatar may be somewhat deserving, I am sure that Strick is very satisfied just having his efforts result in such a successful event (this is what Strick lives for). I think he received a tremendous amount of recognition by the beautiful young lady that was bowing to him after he was the first down the snowy downhill. I am sure I saw her jump off her bike, drop to her knees and then all the way to her stomach, arms straight out sliding for at least 15 or 20 feet, as a sign of sincere appreciation and respect for Strick, all the time not even thinking about the adventure her bike was taking on a similiar route. If that is not acknowledgement for a job well done I dont know what is. In short, Strick is a great guy (Mimi made him that way)!! As for you bbbom I have never met a young lady with a better combination of a positive attitude, skill, bike, stickers, endurance and luge technique. Hope you guys had fun! Great to meet you and Karl! Hope to see you again.

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Yeah, that's the ticket - I meant to do that!!! :worship:

Thanks Rockin, that was a fun ride even with the snowy downhill that I was so close to in fact you could say intimate with. Karl wasn't feeling too well that day so he was happy to hang back with me and point the direction I was to go when I lost the dust trail!

I have to admit, much of the credit is due to Karl - he pushed me to try the CR500 when everyone else said I was crazy and would get hurt, he set it up to work for me, he finds the stickers for me, he has been my best riding buddy and coach since our first ride together 4 years ago and has drug me through all kinds of interesting :think: trails and made it a positive experience (except maybe that one time at Hell's Canyon in Idaho, THAT one was a bit too much for the day, or the day I got really mad at him for dragging me down his new trail behind the house - darn helmet cam).

I even have to give him credit for my endurance because when he says "lets go for a ride" wether it's on dirt, pavement, water or snow I KNOW I'm in for an adventure so I train all year just to survive! The luge style (actually I think it's more of a skeleton racing move) well, that's all mine I can do a pretty mean roll when needed too - thank God for my previous volleyball experience.

It was great to meet you too Ray, come on up and Karl can lead you on a ride through our Hell's Canyon. If we hit it early in the ride I may even make it all the way through without breaking anything on my bike.

But I still think Strick needs a custom Avatar - if he hadn't told us about Moonrocks back in 2000 and organized it all, we wouldn't have had the pleasure of riding there for the last 4 years. Not to mention, if he hadn't stopped by the truck before the ride and said "You guys NEED to come with us!" I wouldn't have had the chance to show off my luge/skeleton racing skills!! :thumb:

Last edited:

angry jim

Sponsoring Member
Aug 4, 2000
Rockin Ray hit the nail on the head. Bbbom is hard core. Not a whimper on that hole ride, and there were some black diamond trails. There must have been something in the air, because I was under the weather sunday too, still am to some extent.
Ray, I can't wait till next year. I think we cut a new trail saturday afternoon eh Brandon :thumb: .

ROCKIN

Feb 24, 2003
Hey AJ!! I continue to be impressed! Thinking back at the last sandy/rocky uphill how Bbbom womanhandled that big ol bike after being totally trashed on the downhill just before. She rode up better and faster than some of us. (The benefit of making it up the hill was taking a seat and watching Bbbom's 2nd to last run with her now famous luge/skeleton techniques before she made it to the uphill. She's earned my respect. Not just for making it but for doing it all with a smile. As for the new trail, I'm there! Next year I will do a little homework and put together some longer loops so it's nothin but the best for you guys.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Oh yes Strick definitely deserves (IMO) an avatar. Maybe add a broken-toothed gear to the rocks/moon theme?

I missed out on a great ride it seems! Darn it!

I've had the pleasure of riding with Lori and Karl quite a bit, what a great pair. I even like all the kids.

Colville is going to be fun this year.

roost-u

Feb 25, 2004
Can some one from Texas give dirictions to munster I usely ride at marshel creek or shady grove but they are both mud pits this weekend.I live in FTW. and would like to try some place new. :aj:

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
KRJE said:
I think you mean juveniles there FC22, at least if you are talking about Karl, Gord & Keith!!

Well them too but really I meant Karl's daughter and Lori's son and daughter. A couple of years ago, I spent the whole day in the creek building sand castles with the girls when I broke my clutch perch off and couldn't ride. It was almost as much fun.

galant2nr

Dec 27, 2002
angry jim said:
Rockin Ray hit the nail on the head. Bbbom is hard core. Not a whimper on that hole ride, and there were some black diamond trails. There must have been something in the air, because I was under the weather sunday too, still am to some extent.
Ray, I can't wait till next year. I think we cut a new trail saturday afternoon eh Brandon :thumb: .

What trail, that was no trail. Even the cows don't consider that a trail.
That was some funny stuff though...

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
the voices tell me they fourth and fifth that too.
:) :)
:thumb: :thumb:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom