A Question for Zerotact or anyone with Dynoport info

Aflica

May 23, 2004
Hi there , i was doing a little research on Dynoport pipes and came across an old post witch you had replied to. I was under the impression you know about them. I hope im right , cause i have a FMF woods pipe , and i want to get something different , i dont need the torque , i want mid to top , like the old fmf Fatty's did. My question is , witch pipe to get, The mid to top , or the big volume ? Dynoport's web site dosnt really tell about the difference between the two , Can You Help ?
or can anyone else shed some light for me?

css_elfers

Aug 26, 2004
I dont know the diffrence between the 2 but my brother just bought a 98 kdx200 that had a dynoport pipe on it. We since switched it to the fmf but I'm sure he would sell it. I have some other stuff that I'm about to put on **** like bars the dyno pipe and fmf silencer etc. if your interested. I'll try to give you a part # or something.

ELF

seancza

Apr 22, 2003
I have a dynoport pipe

If you are looking for a "rev" pipe it's the "mid-top" dynoport your looking for.

Last edited:

Aflica

May 23, 2004
Thx seancza , have you had an FMF woods , or tried one before? I would like to know how the DP compares to the woods or desert pipe. And just how much do you like the DP pipe?
I will be doing a carb bore and head mod with RB to take advantage of the rev potential.As well as a new strong wiesco.
Any opinions here will help

seancza

Apr 22, 2003
I have a "big volume" (ie torque) pipe because I spend all my time on single track in the bush. Works great for what I do. I haven't had any experience with an FMF pipe though. I stayed away from FMF because of the poor fit issues I had heard about. From my experience the DP pipe is very durable, the material is very thick. If your going with the RB mods I think you should opt for the mid-top pipe.

FWIW, I think I saw a post on here not long ago by someone saying that they had bought an FMF pipe and in the paperwork that came with it they mentioned that DP had helped them with the design. My memory might not be good on this point though. Anyhow, I'm sure they have all been engineered to be good performers. Sounds like you should definately go with a rev pipe though.

Aflica

May 23, 2004
thanks once again for your input seancza , and if your ever in the neighborhood , bring your bike and ill give you a local tour of the single track out here.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom