canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
I've never found the FmF rev pipe (-30) to be suitable for use in the woods on my 200. Too weak on the bottom for me.

I'd just set-up the bike for sand a couple weeks back. Among other things, that included rejetting and putting my -30 on with a couple ºs of retarded timing.

Last weekend I was back in the woods. I wanted to give the rev another shot. For the first time it gave me every bit of bottom-end pull I needed. No, not as much as the torque (-35) but plenty. AND had the fun of the rev to boot!

38-152-CEK/4-#7TV 2-4500' el. 40-50º Stock timing (middle mark).

This is the first time I've tried the rev with the DFII in the woods. My last attempt at making the rev useable was with a radvalve. Didn't work.

The bike started easily (two kicks). No hi-rev on a choke-cold start. Easy start when hot. AS adjustment impressive in its effect. Not a single 4-stroke event in 55 miles.

It pulled hills you would have trouble standing on with as slow a walking speed putt as you could ask for and still would respond perfectly when you twisted it. No instant 'loop-it' problem. 2nd and 3rd were perfect.

Point is (again!) to say how incredibly important jetting and A/F mixture control (reeds) are. My bike has never run anything like this with the -30. I've always considered it a given that the rev works better'n the torque sometimes, and vice versa. Never figured there was a setup that would work perfectly on both ends of the RPM band.

What a blast!! The higher rev of the -30 pipe is a treat!

Will pull your arms off, too!

YeeHAw!!! :)

Last edited:

bmonnig

~SPONSOR~
Nov 10, 2002
CC,

You give me hope yet!  :worship:

I just purchased a used Pro Circuit pipe & silencer for my '00 200.  I really wanted a FMF torque, but I couldn't find one for the amount I wanted to spend.  I'm going to use what you've posted as a guideline, and see if I can get similar performance!  I had planned on eventually having both a rev and a torque pipe, but if I can get by without spending the extra $$$, well :yeehaw:  Now the search is on for an inexpensive DF II.  :thumb:  

Thanks,

Brandon

GREENHORNET

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2003
sO CAN I GET A WAY WITH RUNNING A REV PIPE ON MY 220 IT WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE MORE TOP END REVS i'M PRETTY USED TO MY FMF TORQUE PIPE JEFF FREDETTE RACES WITH A REV. THIS SUMMER I THINK ABOUT BUYING ONE. BUT YOUR GONNA HAVE TO TELL ME MORE INFO ABOUT WHAT THAT PIPE CAN AND CAN NOT DO . CONVINCE ME TO BUY ONE

farmerj

Dec 27, 2002
canyncarver, you are unbelievable! Just when I think that maybe I can get by w/o the RB carb mod & survive with a set of Boyesen reeds, you come along and "spoil me for the ordinary"! Thanks for the info.

Jeff

lpracing77

~SPONSOR~
May 28, 2002
The REV pipe wprks very well on the KDX220R aplication. Buy it, ride it, you will love it. (well maybe you wont love how it fits but thats another story)

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
farmerj: Hear the voices? They are saying....'come toward the light....come toward the light........RB....MotoTassinari....'

Note the kdx I ride (not a 220). The application of the rev to the 220 ridership is completely notwithstanding and otherwise wholly irrelevant to this post. I'm sure it works well and all....it just doesn't have anything to do with a -30 on a 200.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom