A Step In The Right Direction

B

biglou

Went riding at Merwin today, one of two riding areas owned locally by RJ Wohlburgh. I discussed with him that we would soon have a "group" of us that would like to start volunteering and giving something back to the local MX scene iin some way or another.
We talked about flagging for the races (MX starts in March!:scream: ) helping prep the track, helping with the grounds, ie: signs, cleanup, etc. He was very happy to hear it as he puts a lot of sweat into the local MX series that he runs. He said he would put something together for us in the group as far as a cut rate on riding. In addition to all this, Thunder 33 may be the race announcer for the season, too. Of course, that's one less ass clown on the track for me to chase.:think

I think this local chapter thing will bring lots of really good karma if nothing else. That was one of my main goals.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Way to go, LOU!:)

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
We should continue to post ideas/suggestions for the chapter "good works" projects. I have a couple of ideas (that have NOT been discussed yet in Michigan)......have a group volunteer on a Habitat for Humanity project. I have worked with HFH in the past.
Another idea that may be a fund raiser would be trail maintenance. In Michigan the Department of Natural Resources pays non profit groups to maintain a portion (or loop) of trail. Another club that I am a member, just made a $3,600 deposit for work completed last year.
Keep the ideas flowing....
Mike Jr.

bwalker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 10, 2000
F&S, I like both of your ideas and would volunteer for them. BTW how do I join the Michigan club?

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
You just did. Currently, the only "restriction" on membership is to be a Support Team member of DRN. Is the Chapter idea public yet?? Once the idea is public, we will need to formalize the membership.
Mike

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
As of the moment we are not public. Checkout the DRN Bylaws thread for more info.click

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…