ABOUT CR 85 , and size of the cylinder Please need help!

stephend

Mod Ban
Jan 7, 2007
I just need to know the distence between the standerd Piston (which is 47.5) from the cylinder wall.. only because im getting it honed and they need to fix a scratch but they just asked me whats the distence of the piston is from the cylinder wall.. and if thats not what i need to know. maybe its the diameter of the cylinder wall ... or if im just completly wrong.. let me know what it is this guy is asking me and what i should tell him bec theres no sleeve in a cr 85 so when u get it honed u have to bore it and than hone it back to its size.. or idono how it works just let me know what it is exactly , i should tell this guy

thank you

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
How about just getting it honed or bored & replated THEN getting a piston& ring set to match the new dimension. I would very strongly suggest you pick up a Honda Factory Service Manual for you bike, it will help you A LOT.

stephend

Mod Ban
Jan 7, 2007
Need Help if u know about cr 85's !!

hey i just need to know if anyone knows the distence between the piston from the cylinder wall ,

griffbones

Sep 12, 2006
Buy a factory manual, it will have all the specs for your bike. Or call your local dealer, their service department might be nice enough to give you the spec for piston clearance.

BTW this post really belongs in the pit bikes and mini forum.

stephend

Mod Ban
Jan 7, 2007
Need help if u know about cr85's!!

hey i have a cr 85 2003.. and i need to know the distence between the piston from the cylinder wall if u knoww this please let mee knoww!! so i cna get my bike fixed and ready to go
thanks

stephend

Mod Ban
Jan 7, 2007
heyy i had no idea i posted a forum in here and u gusy answerd itt butt i was wonderingg.... how much shoul;d i hone it.. if i do a light honee it wont throw off the size and the piston wont fit .. or that shouldnt matter

Top Bottom