!!Question about how much labor might be for this.. !

stephend

Mod Ban
Jan 7, 2007
I have a 03 cr 85 and i need to know how much labor would be, to bore out my cylinder put a sleeve in and bore it out to a few sizes over ... to do this how much do you think it would be. ( Not inclueding parts) just labor. and anyone who knows about doing this.. is it hard bec i have a friend whos dad owns a shop. and he honed the cylinder for me one time.. is it something a car michanic can do or do i need someone who knows about bikes and honing and boring .. but other than that... how much do u think it would be

thanks

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Check out www.ericgorr.com to see what the best costs. You have a bit more involved as you will need to get it replated after the bore is done. Once all of the machine work & plating is down then you could assemble it yourself. We chose to let Eric do it all and couldn't be happier!

snb73

Nov 30, 2003
buffsabs11 said:
well around here, to get the cylinder bored out, and everything chamfered costs 50

You can't bore out an aluminum cylinder like a steel one. An aluminum cylinder needs to have the NICOM coating replaced after it is bored.

You can do what you want, but an overbore and porting job from Eric will get you the results you are looking for. I have had mine ported and am doing a big bore now.

I think everyone here will agree, you get what you pay for. You get a quality job at a good price with Eric.

Read the links, they explain alot.

Steve

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
There is NO DOUBT that the work performed by Eric Gorr is THE BEST available. As an added bonus you get it for a price less than most of the others that spend big bucks on advertising and then aparently have nothing left over to pay those grinding on your parts.

Top Bottom