about getting known amoungst the state

cr85re

Mod Ban
Nov 1, 2007
frozen ocean motocross track is my local race track.we have saturday night races theyre and i was wondering if im placing first second third alot can i get sponsered at a local track like that?cause i no for hare scrambles they are usually a big event with lots of people and stuff but how bout a local track can i get sponsors from theyre or do i have to run a circuit?wich i dont no if theyre is one in new york state?

funktree

~SPONSOR~
Jul 21, 2001
I barely have any idea what the heck you are asking let alone how to answer it. If you wanna get known start winning every race you can get to. Winning at your local track isn't going to cut it, there are a million guys who rule their local track that never made it much farther.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
cr85re said:
come on how come no one ever replies to my stuff whys that?

Well, for starters, you could try writing your post so that people can read and understand them. Drop the instant messaging crap and use proper english and sentence structure.

Are you winning the A-class or the Pro class? If not, nobody really cares who is getting 2nd or 3rd in the 85cc beginner or novice classes. If you are running away and lapping the entire field then, maybe someone may notice you. Otherwise, you are just one of the many squids out there trying not to auger yourself.

A sponser wants someone that is a good rider and stands above the rest. They also want someone that can present themselves to the public in a way that shows themselves and the sponser in a professional manner. If you can't speak any better than you can write, the chances of finding a sponser is slim to none.

Also, sponsers don't care about one-track-wonders. Many riders can go fast at their local track but when they go to another track they get smoked. You have to ride as many tracks as you can and do good at all of the tracks before anyone will notice you. Then, you will have to run qualifiers to qualify for the nats. Once you have qualified for a national and you finish in the top ten in a youth national like Lorreta's, Ponca, Branston or Vegas then and only then will people start to notice you.

Welcome to the real world.

BTW. Excuse me for not answering your post fast enough. We all sit around here with nothing else to do just waiting for the chance to answer stupid questions like yours. Sorry.

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
I don't know a lot about MX. I know people on the local level that do receive some forms of help.We do harescrambles. But you should be able to get some help in the form of discounts. If you're looking for a full ride that would be along the lines of starting QB for the NFL or starting pitcher for the New York Yankee's.(but way less $$) I would suggest talking to your local dealer. Tell him what you are doing and how your doing and what you would like to do and what can he do to help. Sign up on sponser house, some companys only go through sponser house. Get on the internet and search the company's with the products you would like to use. Most tell if they will take resumes and when. Nice printed resume with pic's works well. It's not easy lots of time and work has to be put into it. Who knows you may get lucky.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
One other thing - there's more to sponsorship than just riding fast. I don't necessarily win all of my races (usually top ten to top 5) but I do help promote the companies that help me. That said, you do need to get up to a certain speed. Riding at least at the intermediate level (B class) at major events helps.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Ol'89r said:
Otherwise, you are just one of the many squids out there trying not to auger yourself.

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
A friend of mine uses Sponser House http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Default.aspx for his son and gets a lot of support with it. I have no idea how it really works but if you check out their website you can figure it out yourself.

...and listen to Ol'89r, he's got some good advice. Even thou my friend has some fairly good support he spends a hell of a lot more of his own money. It's not cheap to get to the level you need to be at to get support.

cr85re

Mod Ban
Nov 1, 2007
grrrrr..ok well thanks and whats auger mean?for your information i aint using aim talk.lol uno rite?usn all dat aim.lmfao u hear bout dat pda a jil an bob gt caut doin?wtf sch bs i aint herd nthn lik dat b4 how r u doin 2 nite?THERYES SOME AIM TALK!!!!!!!!!go i wish i could scream at you funktree or what ever the heck that is .why dont you put a space in beetween theyre and talk real english?!!

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
cr85re said:
grrrrr..ok well thanks and whats auger mean?for your information i aint using aim talk.lol uno rite?usn all dat aim.lmfao u hear bout dat pda a jil an bob gt caut doin?wtf sch bs i aint herd nthn lik dat b4 how r u doin 2 nite?THERYES SOME AIM TALK!!!!!!!!!go i wish i could scream at you funktree or what ever the heck that is .why dont you put a space in beetween theyre and talk real english?!!
using the Red Foreman Jackass-to-English Translator (patent pending), I have deciphered what cr85re said:
cr85re said:
Hey Kettle! This is Pot! You're black!

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
cr85re said:
grrrrr..for your information i aint using aim talk.lol uno rite?usn all dat aim.lmfao u hear bout dat pda a jil an bob gt caut doin?wtf sch bs i aint herd nthn lik dat b4 how r u doin 2 nite?THERYES SOME AIM TALK!!!!!!!!!go i wish i could scream at you funktree or what ever the heck that is .why dont you put a space in beetween theyre and talk real english?!!

If you are serious about being a sponsored racer, (and your last post tells me your not) :| , you have a lot of work to do.

First you will have to put a resume together. Take a photo of yourself and your bikes and all of your trophys, plaques and awards. Dress in your best mx gear and don't wear a hat. Then, list all of your podium finishes and points totals at your tracks or track. Then, list your goals and a short story about who you are and why it would be in their best interest for someone to sponsor you. This all has to be done in a professional manner using proper use of the English language and punctuation. If you write it the way you post, any potential sponsor will just laugh at you and file your resume in the round filing cabinet.

Then, you will have to decide what kind of sponsorship you are looking for. If you think someone is going to walk up and hand you a bunch of money or a new bike, think again. It ain't gonna happen. You will have to get several different sponsors. One for parts help, one for travel expenses and entry/gate fees. One for tires and so on. The more individual sponsors you can find the better.

Then, you will have to take your resume around your town and talk to the local merchants. Dress in your best clothes and don't wear a hat. Oh yeah, pull your damn pants up. :yell: When you go into a store, ask to speak to the owner. Look the owner directly in the eye and give him/her a firm handshake. Explain to him/her why sponsoring you will sell more donuts or lawnmowers or widgets or whatever they sell. Tell them you will promote and sell their product to everyone at the track and promote them as one of your sponsors when you are on the podium. " I want to thank my sponsor, Binkeys Donuts for giving me the extra traction I needed for the holeshot." :whoa:

Check at your local bike shop for help or a contingency program. Chances are, they are already sponsoring someone or several already proven riders. Places like Sponserhouse is a good start but it is not a full sponsorship. They will only give you a small discount on parts but, it will get you some contacts.

Then, you will have to back-up your claims at the racetrack. If you tell them you are a consistent podium finisher and don't perform, you won't be sponsored for very long. If you tell someone that Binkeys Donuts gave you heartburn and it gets back to Binkey you will lose that sponsor too. If you dress in a sloppy manner and don't keep your equipment in top shape and complain or throw things everytime a race doesn't go your way, no sponsor will want to touch you. You will have to be willing to ride when you are hurt or sick and don't really feel like riding. You will have to be willing to push yourself beyond pain and discomfort.

You will also want to get a job since you will need at least two bikes. You will need a stock bike for the stock class and one for the supermini class. A third, back-up bike will help also when one of your other bikes is apart for repairs. Go to your local dealer and ask for a job. Tell them you will sweep floors, clean toilets, do whatever they need done. Tell them you will work cheap just to learn. By working at a dealer you will get a good discount on your parts and be more aware of the racing scene in your area. You will also meet people in the industry that can help you get to where you want to be.

Being a successful racer is a lot of hard work and it's up to you to make it happen. If you are willing to put in the work you will reap the rewards.

Although, since you can't even take the time to string a decent sentence together, I have my doubts. :rotfl:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Ol'89r said:
. . . don't wear a hat . . . pull your damn pants up.
The two best pieces of advice that can be given to the young people of today.

I mean, who knew that my grampa was starting a fashion trend when he walked around with his pants falling down (he suffered from an unfortunate malady -- "noassatall") and his flat-billed implement company gimme hat sitting sideways on his head (it changed position with the angle of the sun)?

Last edited:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Works here as well.

djj

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 18, 2003
I have a sponsor, its called "My Wallet". I've been sponsored by "My Wallet" for 45 years. "My Wallet" sponsors my wife and my daughter also. :laugh:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
funktree said:
Nice post Ol'89r, but I'm guessing this guy didn't even read a third of it.

Thanks funktree.

I think it was a waste of my time since I'm guessing he can't even read. It is truly a shame that this young man is a product of our school system. Doesn't say much for the future of our country if he is an example of our youth.

Doesn't really matter though. Since his last two posts, I don't believe he will be here much longer.

I do hope he is stocking up on paper hats though. :nener: :rotfl:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
cr85re said:
xr predator and rich rorich.you to are some seriously ****ing ****** *******s pull my pants up they are on my waist with a belt on and i dont were hats and maybe i dont ****ing no how to spell **** right hu ******* quit acting like **** god damn what the hells you issue?so yeall can *****and realize that not every ones got 500 dirtbike manuals shoved up theyre *** and dont no everythung

cr85re.

Please do us all a favor and sell your motorcycle. We don't need people like you in our sport. It makes us all look bad.

From your response to this thread you have shown all of us that you will never make it in racing. You don't have the patience or determination that it takes to be successful in anything.

In the words of the immortal W.C. Fields, "Go away little boy, ya bother me." :laugh:

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom