ML536

Dec 1, 2001
I bought one a few years ago for a 1998 KX250 after I destroyed the stocker. It was made of round aluminum tubes, and seemed to be well-made. No problems with fit. A nice piece, especially because it was much less expensive than the stock subframe.

tchamberlain

Mar 28, 2002
I bought one for a 98 CR250 and it was fine. No problem installing. Much less expensive than stock. Only problem was that most suppliers were sold out of them.

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
A few people seem to have bought them and they fit fine. Some others have bought them and there was no way they would fit, almost like they were for the wrong bike.
I suppose if it doesn't work, you can always send it back and go the more expensive BBR route.

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
I bought one for a '98 KX250. It wasn't even close, nor was the replacement. The word from AC is that the round tubes are harder to keep alligned during the heat treating. AC did stand behind it and sent a second one that wasn't any better. I ended up sending it back also. No problems getting a refund. I ended up getting a BBR and while it was better, it still wasn't perfect. Everyone I know that has bought a square tubed subframe from either supplier has had no problem.

Top Bottom