Afterburn

Nov 1, 2004
I just bought a 99' KDX 200. It didn't come with a light so I bought an Accebris dual light. I was told that it would work just fine. For some reason when I hook up just one light it works. As soon as I touch the other light to the Magneto they pause...and then barely light up?

Anybody have any clues? Much appreciated!

trailryder

Oct 1, 2004
not having the bulb specs for the light you just bought...I'm guessing that the lighting coil in the kdx doesn't put out enough to light those bulbs, maybe their is an internal curcuit breaker that you're overloading. When people convert these bikes (with bigger headlights ) to street versions they have to rewind the ciols for more output. I'd send the headlight back and get a oem style one instead. I hope this helps somewhat

m0rie

Nov 18, 2002
Like trailryder said your almost certainly drawing more than the 45w the stock lighting coil puts out. At this point you've got three choices.

1) Send the headlight back and buy a OEM one.
2) Wire a switch between both lights so that you can select one or the other.
3) Install a High Output Lighting Coil (75w)

If possible i'd install a higher output lighting coil. You'll be able to run both lights at once (depending on the wattage rating) but you'll also get a boost in the low end of your bike.

-Maurice

Afterburn

Nov 1, 2004
Thanks for the info!

I will go with option 3 for now...This is my first bike and I know that I'll have it for at least 2 years. Can't beat good lights and more low end for the trails in the PNW.

Thanks..

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom