88 KDX 200 lighting help needed.

Maddog355

Mar 29, 2009
I am trying to get the lights working on my 88 KDX 200. The factory switch is missing and I thought nothing of it untill I ran across a post during a surch that stated that the switch was also the voltage regulator. If that is the case what other options are there for a regulator? Also anyone used the Ricky Stator lighting coil? I assume it is higher output than stock?

Any info would be greatly welcomed.

porterdog

Aug 22, 2005
Maddog355 said:
The factory switch is missing and I thought nothing of it untill I ran across a post during a surch that stated that the switch was also the voltage regulator.

That seems doubtful. Reviewing the parts diagrams shows nothing of the sort (see ServiceHonda dot com)

Maddog355

Mar 29, 2009
Thanks

Thanks for the info guys. I messed with it today, The bulb looks good but no light so I guess I will be ordering the Ricky Stator lighting coil next.

porterdog

Aug 22, 2005
You can do that if you want to throw parts at the problem, but I'd way rather get a service manual and a volt meter of some sort and try and diagnose it.

Maddog355

Mar 29, 2009
Parts.

Porterdog, It is a pretty simple system. Lighting coil, wire, and bulb. I did notice that one side of the dual eliment bulb was blown so it may just be the bulb. I have had all the wires off and they look good. However I am thinking the lighting coil looked bad when I had the flywheel off.

I do have another stock lighting coil I might try. I have just been toying with the idea of dualsporting the thing. If I do that the extra output of the Ricky Stator unit would be welcomed.

Top Bottom