WeInErIsH

Sep 10, 2003
I own a KTM 300, has alot of power, but how do you guys stand up while accelerating hard?

I can barely accelerate let alone hard.

Help me, I can stand the pain of my arms being pulled from my sockets.

WeInErIsH

Sep 10, 2003
Doesn't help much, arms still get de-socketed.

Now on I either accelerate very, very slowly or sit down to do it.

Just wondering what you guys/girls do.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
The key is to get forward *as* you begin to accelerate, not after you have already started. When you can anticipate what the bike is going to do and be in the proper position beforehand, it is much less work.

Most everyone gets back before braking, but many don't try to get forward enough before accelerating.

tedkxkdx

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 6, 2003
you can try and fall forward off your bike when just idling around. To counteract your body falling on the front fender, give it some gas. This exercise will help you figure out how far in front you need to be. Sometimes my chest protector gets caught on the bar pad.

scottsimpson

Dec 16, 2002
This may be some of the most useful advice I've seen. I have been getting forward and gripping with my legs, but still find my arms getting pumped by the time I get to the end of the straight. It seems obvious to me now that if I do these two things BEFORE I accellerate then that initial pull will be greatly reduced thus less arm pump

Thanks a lot!!

tedkxkdx

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 6, 2003
A lot of people cannot get forward because they never re-grip the controls. You should be able to be full throttle in the forward position, you just have to regrip. Pros regrip all the time. It takes some time to get used to since most riders are standing or sitting for a long time. But pros in SX for example are jumping, standing, sitting so much that it becomes second nature. Look at some guys in the air and look at their throttle hand it is bent quite forward since they are not on the throttle but ready to be WOT on landing.

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
I can't grip too well with my legs either. My advice: buy a GRIPPER seat! Wish I had done this a LONG time ago! Oh yeah, and let a bump kick you up into a standing position! So, I'm lazy.....

WeInErIsH

Sep 10, 2003
I am very lazy but should get into the habit of standing more, I have been thinking of a gripper cover cause ya ass just slides off the seat when you hit powerband.

Thanks for the help people.

jack909

Oct 7, 2003
riding a dirtbike is like sking or ridond a horse ounce you hit the gas espeacially going in the fast gears you beter hang on for dear life i got alot of blisters by doing that so i got what they call underwear glover that prevent that.

jack909

Oct 7, 2003
my fault i meant under gloves but they are called underwear gloves cause i get blisters from my grips without them.i just slip on my under gloves then my outer ones they are a real life saver they are made out of like a divers glove material.

rairden

Jun 3, 2003
where can you get those "under gloves" ? When I'm riding, my hands get soooo blistered it's hard to hold on. My hands get really raw-like. I even get blisters in the middle of my palms--those are the worst.

Top Bottom