May 5, 2006
(I read the jetting links)
I have a 93 RMX 250, I ride trails and some woods, I spend alot of time in 2nd and 3rd, the trottle is real choppy from idle to about 1/2 throttle,
I droped the needle 1 notch and leaned out the pilot jet from the stock 60 to a 55 still does it but not as bad,From 1/2 throttle to full it runs GREAT but it doesnt do so well with the lower half of the throttle.
I run 93 octane with castro927 oil mixed 32:1,
Does anyone have any suggestions how i can smooth out the throttle? The air screw as been adjusted out to 1 1/2 turns.Whe i turn the air screw it doesnt seem to change anything untill i get it almost screwed in all the way till it dies, if i go out more then 2 turns it bogs off idle.
I put the stock pilot jet back in and put the needle clip back where it was and it got smokey,So i am assuming it is to rich.Is that a reasonable assumption? Since the 55 jet seemed to help i am also thinking i should go to a 50 and see what happens,Correct?

Last edited:
May 5, 2006
Thanks, just needed to make sure i was headed in the right direction.
I am a total noob when it comes to this stuff, I feel like a child, I am 36 and feel like i am just learning to walk.LOL

Top Bottom