cover3

Nov 17, 2006
I have a 02 CR125R and am going to put on a FMF fatty pipe and a Vforce 3 Reed cage. How much better will this setup help my bike in power, will I have incredibly more noticable power, or just power thats barly noticable. Also how better would the bike be in top speed.

Another thing is I know I will have to adjust jetting, I understand the concept of jetting but i dont understand if you have to buy some jet kit. Do you need to buy a jet kit?

And one more note, if I put these things on my bike will it go richer or leaner?

FunkyD

Apr 26, 2007
to re-jet, you just buy a new jet. a really small brass thing with little tiny holes in it. with a pipe, i think you are running leaner because you are flowing more air so you need more fuel.

keithcr250r

Apr 18, 2007
i asked same question a while back is it noticable power gain..i think bike is more crisp, responsive etc..if u want bettet top end play with sprockets..i went fmf fatty, fmf powercore silencer vforce reeds..if u got money to play with go for it but its not a big big improvement

cover3

Nov 17, 2006
So do you think it is worth the money for a set of vforce reeds or a fmf fatty or both? Or is the power gain not good enough(I dont race) for the money and should be spent elsewere.

keithcr250r

Apr 18, 2007
its hard to say..its not a huge gain it may vary from person to person its more up to the rider..i think the reeds were more noticable i would do that and i put pipe on for show really..others may give you better response im a newby really..

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
cover3 said:
So do you think it is worth the money for a set of vforce reeds or a fmf fatty or both? Or is the power gain not good enough(I dont race) for the money and should be spent elsewere.

You obviously have no idea how to jet the bike properly. You would be well served to learn how to do that with the stock parts before you start modifying the engine. :bang:

Top Bottom