s.d.duner

Oct 28, 2003
i just bought an fmf pipeand need to adjust the clip from 2 to 3. I've never done this before. How do you get the slide apart??
Help!!! My manual doesn't say S*it

D36-108A

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2002
Don't do it until you ride the bike first and confirm a needle change is actually needed.

If so, remove the carb (or just rotate if you can) and unscrew the top cap. Undo the cable from the slide. Unscrew the bolt in the top of the slide. Turn the slide upside down and the needle will fall out.

I forget whether the KDX's carb has a tab in the plastic collar that goes between the spring and slide. If it does, when you reassemble everything, arrange that tab to fit in the cable groove in the bolt.

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
I forget whether the KDX's carb has a tab in the plastic collar that goes between the spring and slide.

Yeah it does, well mine does anyway

There's some info on taking the slide apart in http://justkdx.dirtrider.net/ Tech Tips - Carb Tuning

You need to pull the spring and collar back to remove the cable from the slide, it will just slide right off really easy

s.d.duner

Oct 28, 2003
fmf's website said to leave the jets the same but to change the clip.
I've heard that you can seize the piston if you don't, but maybe they were referring to when it needs jet changes and not just the clip.

I only ride about once a month, so if you were me would you just leave it how it is until I can ride and check the plug???

thanks for all replies

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom