Just installed ProCircuit pipe/silencer

jpgibson

Dec 15, 2009
Firstly, I cant believe what a good fit it is ( unlike the pipes Ive bought for Ducatis before).Only prob now is having to remove RHS radiator shroud to get to plug- not such a big deal.
Lifted the needle clip to second from the top , dropped main jet to 155 ( from 160 and 3rd clip).Fired up same as usual, much more ring ding ding ding though!Midrange is very impressive, still seems to drop off/splutter at the top end though.Havent done proper plug checks but plug still black but at least not wet.
When pilot jets arrive I'll drop it from 48 to 45 and see how I go.
Very impressed.
Any other jetting suggestions? I've done a lot of looking here/thumpertalk etc- seems 2-3 notch on needle, MJ 152-155, PJ 40-45.
I'm basically at sea level in Sydney Australia.

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
I'd try boysen 607 reeds next, and get a 152 main to try out along with a 42 and your 45 pilot, sounds like your on your way though.. :cool:

jpgibson

Dec 15, 2009
thanks.
did the plug chop-lean at WOT ( white-ish plug).Back to 160 main!
Funny that, Procircuit recommend 160 main ( same as stock, 48 PJ ( same as stock) and clip on second position ( one up from stock).Why did I think I knew better than them ????????
Float height good, maybe just a bit of tweaking on the air screw .Or maybe I'll just enjoy it!

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
did the plug chop-lean at WOT ( white-ish plug)

FYI, when you do a plug chop, you are NOT looking at the color at the end of the plug. You need to be looking for the line at the BASE of the porcelain. You'll likely need to remove the threads from the plug to get a good look at it. That's why it's called a "plug chop". Reading the end of it might tell you something, but it could be a lie!

jpgibson

Dec 15, 2009
thanks. getting good midrange and pretty good top end , but now really rich at idle and for the first time , oiled up a plug and the bike stopped.Not sure whether to fiddle with the air screw or lean out the pilot jet a bit.Only when idling for a few minutes, then take off, runs badly till Ive blown the soot out of it.
ideas?

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
jpgibson said:
thanks. getting good midrange and pretty good top end , but now really rich at idle and for the first time , oiled up a plug and the bike stopped.Not sure whether to fiddle with the air screw or lean out the pilot jet a bit.Only when idling for a few minutes, then take off, runs badly till Ive blown the soot out of it.
ideas?

only idling for a few minutes??
you need to fully heat the engine up. if I start my bike and let it idle for a few minutes then take off it runs like poo untill its warmed up real good...make sure you only use the choke to start it and promptly push the choke in.

I always have a certain amount of clearing out the pipes/crank case to do at the begining of the day of riding.

I still think the idle jet could go down to a 45 or 42...I have no idea of your altitude or temps though

Top Bottom