adjusting floats to cure bog after landing.

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
sometimes, when i land hard, about 2 seconds later my bike bogs down and spudders for a second or two.
what could be wrong with my floats to make it do that? are they too low, or too high? any tips on how to adjust them?

thanks guys.

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
They are probably too low. This happened to me w/my Yz's that I had. I just always double checked the float level, and one additional thing I did was run my top overflow tubes into my airbox. In essence this helps give the carb that extra gasp of air when you stab the throttle after landing and helps to get the gas to the motor faster. Once I did these two things I had no more problems.

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
Just wanted to repost in this thread because I'm running into this problem with my new CRF. After a hard landing SOMETIMES my bike will bog(it happens immediately upon landing though). It almost caused me to go over the bars lastnight because it happened in a rythm section and I wasn't able to get the drive in order to clear the second jump. Is this really a float problem or something else? I've never encountered it before and curious if it could be a couple of different things and what to look for?

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
alot of the pros put foam block between the carb and engine to keep the carb from slamming down on the engine, but i dont know if they do that to keep fuel from slashing around in the carb, or to keep the carb from busting the engine case on the hard landing.??

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
When I adjusted the float lower on my KX, it started to bog when I landed from jumps (definately the wrong adjustment. :eek: ). Could be your problem as well.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom