meb5276

Sep 21, 2007
I have an 06 crf250r and I think its about time I checked the valves. Ive had 2 strokes all my life and I did all the maintanence myself. But this is my first 4t and I dont know how to check/adjust the valves. I am mechanically inclined and can do the work, just dont know what Im doing. If I follow the manual will I be fine? Are there other instuctionals, videos, etc I can see? What tools do I need to adjust them? Any thoughts let me know.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
It's pretty easy if you follow the manual. I haven't had to adjust mine though, they've been fine every time I check. Only takes a half hour to an hour to check them. Make sure you have feeler guages and a torque wrench. You can save a few minutes by turning the engine over by hand until you hear the auto-decomp click, then advance a bit further to feel the compression. Once you get the valve cover off make sure the two marks on the cam sprocket are even with the head. Any questions just ask.

Convert

Apr 21, 2007
Easy

Check out the Hotcams website, they have video clips of the procedure. Once you actually do it you will be shocked at how simple it is.

Top Bottom