triplebike

Sep 25, 2006
Hi all, newbe here. Here's my info;

1) your physical size (both height and weight are important) - Age 15, 5'8" 155lbs
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? - fairly aggressive, good physical shape
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ????? - woods, trailriding, lots of rocky technical trails
4) Do you have any riding experience? - yes, been riding for 2-3 yrs
5) Do you think you will race ? - no
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? yes, my dad was a yamaha mechanic back in the 70's so he helps bigtime
7) Do YOU have a preference to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? 2-stroke, brand kawasaki, yamaha
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? Plenty of dealers , all brands but I will be buying used
9) How much do you plan to spend on a bike? $1500-2000
10) anything else that you think would help form an opinion - Right now my ride is a Yamaha TTR125L. My dad & riding partner rides a Yamaha TTR 250. 95% of our riding is trails (very rocky) at Tower City Trailriders club in northeastern PA. I'm outgrowing the TTR's power & suspension. My Dad's TTR250 has the power, but is two heavy for my liking. I'm seriously leaning toward a 125 2-stroke that will be able to handle technical (rocky) trails. One of my friends has a Yamaha yz85 but the powerband is way to narrow for me. I'm looking for a better lowend. The Rocky trails at Tower City kill me suspension wise on the TTR, so I'm looking for a much improved suspension. I would like to be able to not outgrow the new bike as quickly as I did the TTR125L. Not looking to race, but I do like to hill climb. We will probably be riding at the HATFIELD - McCOY trails next summer as well as the Mountains trails in north western Pa. That's for hearing me out & any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Jesse - TTR125L
Rich (my dad, riding partner & mechanic) TTR250

Top Bottom