Advice on KDX goodies for winter project.

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
Im looking for some ideas for some goodies I can add to my bike this winter. I already have the usual mods FMF pipe/SA, RAD valve, skidplate, heavier fork springs, Acerbis handguards, etc. On my list for this winter I have: radiator guards/braces, Wiesco piston kit, UNI filter, front and rear disk guards; but I dont know what brand for the rad guards and the disk guards. Im just looking for stuff around $100-$150, so no re-valve/engine work/steering dampers/etc.

Thanks.

Braahp

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2001
Acerbis front disc guard if you can find one. I'm not sure if they started making them again. Devol rear disc guard and radiator braces. Devol water pump guard is cool and inexpensive too. All must have parts IMO.

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
Yes I already have the Devol waterpump guard. Ive seen the Devol front disk guards and they look strong. I cant find the Devol rad braces on thier website. Do thier rad guards also protect well from side impacts?

gooby

Nov 8, 2001
kyle u bored lol.u know i like my works conn guards ,all do the job well.acerbis front disc cover too,i have uni filters in the 2 green bikes 0 defects ,i like em.not sure on the rear disc guard ,never had one?

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
Dennis, I cant find any info Works Connection rad guards, just the braces. Can you run the Devol front guards and the WC braces, or will the Devol be up for the job themselves? As for the Acerbis front disk guard, it is just plastic, no? I think I need something with more protection than that. Thanks for the reply's.

gooby

Nov 8, 2001
got ya covered ,go to www.mxsouth.com then brand name guide,then scroll dn and click on MSR, page 6 then page 3
as far as the acerbis plastic cover,perhaps ur right but....i'll take a close up of mine....scrapes and gouges ,it takes a beating and no damage to anything it covers :) i've tested it w a couple nasty shots

Last edited:

colem

Mod Ban
Sep 29, 2002
fork braces, frame brace, lighter airbox, new tranny oil, new fork boots, some new jets, maybe a black rear fender.

RJ-KDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2002
K, I've got both Devol front and rear guards. They work great. The front took a mean beating on one ride. I took it off and bent it back, try and do that with plastic. I bought both of them directly from Devol Racing. The rad braces are sopposed to protect from side hits, this is what they claim anyway. I went with Works Conn. FWIW.

Good Luck.... :yeehaw: :aj: :yeehaw:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
RB Carb mod??? $165.00

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
$165.00 American is $216.00 Canadian, not to mention shipping :(. I dont want to put too much money into my bike. I think I am going the way of the Yamaha 4 stroke in a couple years (ride the KDX for another season) so I am mainley looking to buy parts that will make my bike survive another season. I am happy with the power of the motor right now, and suspension is good as well. Im mostly looking for armour right now.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom