8. yes. everything
9. up to 3,800
10. no, in nc
11. i want something that will last and i can have fun on. :ride:

thanks i andvance

450X

Test It!!!
Mar 25, 2007
from what i read, i would say go with the KDX 200 that should fit you really well, its a good trail bike, user friendly, and still has plenty of power for what you want to do.

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
wannabike08 said:
3. trails, fields, with friends on atv's and dirtbikes

My experience is that bikes and quads don't mix well. I have both: YZ-125 and a Honda 400ex. If I want to get to the top of a mountain I will take the quad. If I want to go a long distance and not beat myself up I will take the bike.

Hill climbs and sand is where quads excell. Other than that, just about any bike should be able to outrun a quad. A bike weighs less, has more suspension travel and you only need to find a line to get one set of wheels through instead of two.

If you really want two stroke then I would recommend a 125 something. For the most part the brand choice comes down to picking your favorite color, at least at this point in your learning curve.

You might want to seriously consider a four stroke, especially an "off road" model instead of the MX (racing) model. The off road models are a lot cheaper and if you are not going to be riding aggresively they will be fine. You might prefer the four stroke when your buddies on the ATVs lead you into the sand washes.

Rod

wannabike08

Apr 9, 2007
i'm not totally against a four stroke. what would a good four stroke run you new? i'm not looking four a monster, i want something fun to get away on.

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
A Yamaha WR250F is a great four stroke model. It has a great suspension and fairly high performance engine. The bike usually comes with a kickstand, headlight and odometer making them very versitile bikes. You should be able to pick up a used one in your price range.

If you wanted to go with a lower end bike then the Yamaha TT-R230 would be a good choice. You could almost buy one new for $3800. Or buy one a couple years old and use the money you save to buy all the riding gear you really should have.

Rod

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom