dparker

Aug 31, 2004
Going to Red Bud this summer and looking for advise
Where to get tickets?
How is the viewing?
Is it OK to take teens or is it a wild party atmosphere?
Parking?
How crowded is it going to be?

Thanks for any input!!

Doug Parker

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
You can get tickets right at the gate. They never sell out. its like $25 each.

Parking is a nightmare. Always is, always will be. There is parking around the back side of Red Bud now, behind the pro pits. I hear that is the hot place to park now. Just gotta know the back roads to get to it. Look over the maps good and find a road other than the main one to get out on.

Anywhere is a good place to view from. I like the hill in the infield. You get to see most of the bottom of the track that way.

Yea people are partying everywhere. But the infield on the hill aint that bad. Larroco's leap and the hill people are where the crazy folk are at. I bring my 9 yr old there. He loves it.

Bring a red Wagon with you. Load your cooler on that. Stack on some chairs and strap it all together with a tiedown strap or two. You dont want to have to carry a big cooler and all your other stuff up the hill from the parking lot to the track. A wagon works awsome.

Shade is at a premium out there. Bring your own is the best bet. You cant bring e-z up canopy's anymore. So a umbrella is the best bet. I was going to figure out some kind of PVC tube thing to attach to the waggon and slide a umbrella in there and place the chair next to it. Or one of those umbrellas that attach to the chair are a good thing. Anything to keep outta the sun. It gets hot hot HOT there. Sunscreen is a good thing.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Best way to see the race and the track IMO is to move to a different section every so often. Having a large group to keep together works against this strategy, as you need to slither in and out of people to get up to the fence. Travel light, hydrate, and wear sunscreen like YZ says.... you can get fried being out there all day.

I would agree about parking in the back lot.... we got out pretty quick last time.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Best way to see the race
Is on TV, in the air conditioning with a cold one in hand. :p

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Are you talking about the National or just to watch amatuer races?

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Smit-Dog said:
Best way to see the race and the track IMO is to move to a different section every so often.

That is what I do. But we set up base camp and wander around from there. I wander around for a bit till the beer in my hand and the spare one in my pocket is gone (gotta stay hydrated ya know). Then its off to the nasty NASTY port-a-potty then to the cooler for a refill and its back to wandering the track.

Yea the bathrooms there are HORIBLE :yikes: They do have a better one at the bottom of the track last year that they kept in fairly good shape. But the portable ones are always totaly HORRIBLE. The lady's are the ones that always suffer out there.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
http://www.redbudmx.com/

Check out www.redbudmx.com - click the Pro National July 2nd link on the left for answers to most of your questions. Tickets for Sunday only are $30 for adults, $10 for kids 6-12, and free for kids under 6.

Are you looking to go just Sunday, or make a weekend out of it? We always go up either Friday night or Saturday morning and camp out. Sometimes we race the amateur races on the night track, the only downfall is you miss some of the pro practice and qualifiers on Saturday, because you have to stay down by the night track for your practice and maybe first moto (depending on race schedule). But going on Saturday is fun too, because you get to watch pro practice and qualifiers (when it's not as crowded), plus there are amateur races on the night track, minibike races, and fireworks. Saturday is also a good day to check out the pits and get autographs and pictures and stuff, again, since it's not as crowded, plus pit passes are $10 on Saturday, and $15 on Sunday.

If you camp, anyone under 18 has to camp in Lot A - which is for families and the amateur racers and pretty controlled. Up top by Larocco's Leap is Lot B, which is for the 18 and up crowd, and gets pretty rowdy, but they are caged in.

How is the viewing? - compared to other National tracks, where you can see most of the track from one spot, Red Bud really is split in half. But there are TONS of good spots to watch and get up close to the action, but you can only see 1/2 of the track at once. I like watching by the whoops, the triple/double/double (which is getting changed this year), and both tunnel/ski jumps. Of course you have to get a view of Larocco's Leap sometime as well - what an awesome jump! Last year on Sunday we parked a few cheap bag chairs by the whoops and that was our base camp. We've also used a sheet to stake out some viewing real estate in the past as well.

Is it OK to take teens or is it a wild party atmosphere? - Sunday is a family atmosphere, bring the teens for sure! Saturday night gets a little wild, but not too bad in the A camping lot. They have a lot of security and it's pretty controlled.

Parking? - We always get there earlier in the weekend so I'm not sure what it's like on Sunday - but the access road to the track gets very backed up, so get there early!

How crowded is it going to be? - very crowded for Sunday's afternoon motos. We usually walk around a bunch on Saturday and Sunday morning's practice/qualifiers, and camp out in one spot for the first motos, grab some lunch at intermission, and camp out again for the second motos.

As already mentioned - it's usually HOT and the sun is full throttle. Bring the sunscreen and lots of drinks (no glass)!

JST122

Dec 29, 2005
Let me tell you myself and a bunch of my buddies went road tripping a couple years back and we spent all weekend up at Red Bud from Friday-Sunday of Pro National Weekend. The pro racing was awesome and what a great track. I have been to watch several Nationals now and Red Bud is my favorite track, great viewing from many areas there and one of the best parts was the amatuer racing on Friday and Saturday night, It was awesome to be able to watch racing every night all weekend. It would have been better if we had our bikes to race but it was still great to have racing to enjoy watching everyday.

As far as the camping goes, It is a very good thing that they have Lot A and Lot B separate as Nikki said. My buddies and I were all by ourselves that year with no ladies and no kids so we figured what the heck will stay up on the hill across from Larocco's Leap and Party with the over 18 crowd. Never again. My God it was ridiculous. Im not going to say it wasnt fun because it was fun to hang out camping with just the guys but I would not stay up in that section again. It was just way too rowdy. We saw Security bust atleast a few people every night and kick them out. In fact we were hanging out around our campfire when some guy comes running through our campsite on Saturday night followed by three Security Guards who proceeded to tackle the guy into my tent which bent one of the tent poles nicely. Luckily we were driving a rental fan so it wasnt too big of a deal when a completely full beer can came flying through the air and landed on the roof of the van. I also have some crazy pictures of guys running down the driving lanes inbetween camping areas with open gas cans, while some other yahoo stood at the other end with a match and lit it and the fool with the gas can just ran while the flame chased him down until he had to toss the can and the thing goes blowing like 20 ft up when the gas catches it. Sunday morning I couldnt believe the sight of the area, it honestly looked like a riot went through there. Before we left to head out to Red Bud we read the camping rules and wondered why the heck they would say no living room furniture allowed. We were wondering who and why would someone want to bring a couch or recliner with them camping. Well Sunday Morning as we walked out for Pro Practice, we saw the remnants of several burned couches/recliners etc. It was Unbelieveable. So to make a long story short, Red Bud was an awesome weekend but the camping in the Adult Section is a bit unsafe, way to rowdy, always a little loud (although they try to enforce quiet hours), and just too many drunken fools. If you are going as a family or just want some relaxing bench racing talk around the Camp fire I recommend staying in the Family Section its closer to the Amateur track for Friday and Saturday Night racing and much more civilized. Lot B is caged in for a reason!

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Oh yea. It is also required there that at least once every 5 minutes all throughout the day and night some yells........

REEEEEEEEEDDDDDDD BBUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

at the top of there lungs :cool:

JST122

Dec 29, 2005
YZMAN400 said:
Oh yea. It is also required there that at least once every 5 minutes all throughout the day and night some yells........

REEEEEEEEEDDDDDDD BBUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

at the top of there lungs :cool:

VERY TRUE

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
YUP!! AND ALL NIGHT LONG it gets yelled...

Top Bottom