RazBarlow

Jan 24, 2001
Anyone know a good aftermarket air filter for a 03' XR50R ? And where to get it at the best price ? How about other hop up parts at good prices ?
Thanks,
Raz

Walt Hollis

Apr 8, 2002
K & N makes a pod filter for it. You would remove the entire airbox and install directly to the carb. Runs less than $30, and helps flow a ton more air. All of the on line shops sell them, motosportoutlet.com, bbr-racing.com etc.

- Walt

psycho

King Rot-Gut
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2000
E-Bay also has a ton of goodies on there. I put one of those UNI Pod filters on mine and haven't really seen much of a change. Granted the rest of the bike is stock. I am just getting started on this monster! :aj:

TRAIL

Nov 12, 2002
I put a K&N on mine (stock fiddy) and i took off the air box, and all the black hoses and the little black plastic box also. I took the clear/redish hose and took the plug out of the end and used that hose for a crankcase vent and let it hang down like on big bikes. It ran decent with stock jetting ,but then i thought it could run just a bit better, i lowerd the clip on the needle to the 2nd to the last notch and it runs WAY BETTER now.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom