pyromaniac

Jun 25, 2000
I've been thinking too much **** again. How would a stock bore 250 with all the usual aftermarket parts, pipe, silencer, boysen intake, bigger carb, etc compare to say 265cc or bigger bigbore without all the aftermarket parts? Compression and race gas not included.

Also how much older 250 with all aftermarket parts would compare to a bone stock latest year?

One thing i cant understand is how can a aftermarket pipe released right after the bike be "better overall"? I hardly think the factory put on crap. Also why are 250's made to hit in the mid and be flat on bottom and top as described on eric gorr's site(cant agree a 250 is flat anywhere!) shouldnt a mo-better type of porting be best stock?

john stu

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 7, 2002
most pipe manufactures get one of the first bikes to be produced to tune there pipes on way before the bike is released for sale to most of the public. and as far as your comparsion you are comparing two different beasts that will have two different types of power.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Alot of older bikes were faster than the new ones(especially cr125s) but the new ones are easier to ride and so faster on a track.Most after market stuff work on making more top end so it doesnt compare to a big bore.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom