Aftermarket Pistons

CJS1

Mar 27, 2004
Does anyone know if I can get an aftermarket piston for my 83 KDX200? I have tried the weisco site and they only had one for a 86 and up. Could I use the same one since the bore is the same? Is the stroke also the same? :worship:

maddawg

May 20, 2004
It all depends on the size that you had before. If your cylinder walls are good then stick with the same size. Just get a hold of a micrometre, you could buy a cheap one but what i'd do is go to your local dealer and they should be able to measure it for you at no cost. Then call wiseco give them the measurements and your on your way

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
There is more to a piston that its diameter. The piston has to be made for your particular application.

Ring placement, pin size, port location...all (and more) are critical and must be addressed.

Just 'cuz Wiseco doesn't list one doesn't mean they don't have one. Call, write or email 'em and ask for the piston for your particular bike.

Of course if it's a known fact by other owners of your kdx that an 'X' type piston indeed fits a 'Y' type bike, fine.

I have no idea if an '86 fits an '83.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…