Aftermraket Suspension for KDX220

toalco-kdx

May 16, 2002
I have a question about stock KDX's suspension.
I am 185 lbs, I have been riding for about a year and have been bottoming the suspension on jumps lately. I am about 6 or 10 feet high in the air, and are usually flat landings when it bottoms. I am wondering what a good choice for an upgrade would be? How does RaceTech Goldvalve kit compare to my existing ones, would it be much of an improvement? What companies would you recommend and what price ranges would they fall into? I am looking for a reasonable improvement in being able to handle bigger jumps. Any input is appreciated. Sorry for all the questions.
Thanks alot.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
You need stiffer springs for MX stuff. You can buy them from Race tech or MX tech. Thats probably about $160 plus shipping for both springs. If you revalve your suspension that's about another $200 to $250 per end. I liked my MX tech suspension a lot.

Bazooka Joe

Registered
Apr 4, 2002
The Race Tech Gold Valves w/ stiffer springs are a world of improvement over the stock fork set up. Springs are approx $75US and the valve kit is approx $120US. Installation is not difficult for the semi-mechanically inclined as the KDX fork is rather simple to work on.

One thought of caution- Be careful how much $$ you sink in the the KDX; it may be more cost effective to upgrade to a different bike. Ask Fred.... and me, too. :)

kx_693

Jul 2, 2002
give FCR a look you can see there web sit at www.fcrsuspension.com, he does all of our suspension work, and he just did my 03 kdx 200 for the GNCC's over the summer break....its a night and day diffirence, we have his stuff on all 4 of our bikes. his prices are really cheap also, comaperd to most

kdxjr

Jan 2, 2002
I have them its a waste of money. You should change the fork springs to match your weight. I have the Gold Valves on my bike they are either too soft are hard. Play around with springs and oil weights..

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom