Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Do you realize that the only time in our lives when we like to get old is when we're kids? If you're less than 10 years old, you're so excited about aging that you think in fractions.

"How old are you?" "I'm four and a half!"

You're never thirty-six and a half. You're four and a half, going on five!

That's the key.

You get into your teens, now they can't hold you back. You jump to the next number, or even a few ahead. "How old are you?" "I'm gonna be 16!" You could be 13, but hey, you're gonna be 16!

And then the greatest day of your life . . . you become 21. Even the words sound like a ceremony . . . YOU BECOME 21. . . YESSSS!!!

But then you turn 30. Oooohh, what happened there? Makes you sound like bad milk.

He TURNED, we had to throw him out. There's no fun now, you're just a sour-dumpling.

What's wrong? What's changed?

You BECOME 21, you TURN 30, then you're PUSHING 40.

Whoa! Put on the brakes, it's all slipping away. Before you know it, you REACH 50 . . . and your dreams are gone.

But wait!!! You MAKE it to 60. You didn't think you would!

So you BECOME 21, TURN 30, PUSH 40, REACH 50 and MAKE it to 60.

You've built up so much speed that you HIT 70! After that it's a day-by-day thing; you HIT Wednesday!

You get into your 80s and every day is a complete cycle; you HIT lunch; you TURN 4:30; you REACH bedtime.

And it doesn't end there. Into the 90s, you start going backwards; "I was JUST 92."

Then a strange thing happens. If you make it over 100, you become a little kid again. "I'm 100 and a half!"

May you all make it to a healthy 100 and a half!!

HOW TO STAY YOUNG

1. Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctor worry about them. That is why you pay him/her.
2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.
3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain idle. " An idle mind is the devil's workshop." And the devil's name is Alzheimer's.
4. Enjoy the simple things.
5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.
6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive.
7. Surround yourself with what you love, whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.
8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.
9. Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, to the next county, to a foreign country, but NOT to where the guilt is.
10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.

AND ALWAYS REMEMBER:
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
Sounds similar to dirtbiking as you age.

(this could vary depending on whenst ya started..)

9-12 years old: "Oh WOW! Look at those big guys climbing that HUGE hill! I'm gonna do that too someday!"
13-18 years old: "Yea! Heck that wasnt THAT big of a hill. In fact it was sorta FUN! Yeehaw!"
19-22 Years old: "Yawn. Oh there's that little hillclimb that i used to be so afraid of. Gosh, i was scared of THAT?? Looks like a speedbump. ha ha"
23-33 years old: M A R R I E D........time out. :confused:
34-40 years old: (present day) "Oh my GAWD!!! Did we REALLY used to climb those big mountains whenst we were kids?!?! Couldnt possibly try that climb now, uh , after all i might get injured and uh miss work or something! yea yea i might miss work. thats IT!"
:) :)

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
I love George Carlin. Too bad most of his comedy is not DRN material. :ugg:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
^^^^^ I'm with you ..... :thumb:

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Originally posted by dirty~d~
I love George Carlin. Too bad most of his comedy is not DRN material. :ugg:

Yep. George Carlin material always seems to make the rounds. That shows you what a genious he was in his prime! :cool:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
That was great Tony. :thumb:

Is it time to go to lunch yet?? :eek: :confused: :) :)

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
Not only is it true, but (sadly enough) it's funny, too. :( :confused:

spiderbaby

~SPONSOR~
Jun 7, 2002
Hey! I just turned 30 and I love it.

If only I had my 30 year old mind when I was a teenager... Of course I would be somewhat of a pervert but hey I'm only 14 ;) I would say

2smoke

Sep 21, 2001
The big thing about going into your mid 30's is the fact that you cant wake up anymore and think I have over 50% of my life in front of me. You are now in the second 50% of your life and old age is inevitable and not far round the corner. Some people rush to old age early in mind and body. Others like me are being dragged by my fingernails....as slowly as possible. Its knowing you've got less than 50% and that procrastination is not an option anymore that makes you reassess at this time....thats why so many people have mid life crisis at this time.......are you happy? cause if you wanna change it seems that its now or you'll keep doing what your doing for the rest of time your here. Are you happy? Thats why I came back to dirt bikes....keeps me young....and it makes me happy.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Hey I just turned 30 in May and I am still a Toys 'R Us Kid!

Phillip

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Who's George Carlin?

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by yzguy15
Who's George Carlin?

Funny 20 years prior to the comedy channel. :)

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by yzguy15
Who's George Carlin?

:scream: Go to your room, young man... :confused: :) :)

linusb

~SPONSOR~
Apr 20, 2002
I think as long as you do things that many people might consider you too old to do (like dirtbiking), you're better off than most of the population.

Top Bottom