yzfjim750

Mar 12, 2004
Hi, im new to the off road scene so be gentle.

I have purchased a Jap import KDX220 which is registered as a 1994 but I believe this to be incorrect as most of the listings on these pages are for 97 to 03, is there an easy way to date this bike from the chassis/frame number? if so any help most appreciated.
ps. my bike is totally stock and tops out at around the 75mph/120kph mark but gets there quite quick is this normal?
I know there is a load of changes I can make to the bike but finding parts here in blighty a little thin on the ground as it is not that popular bike over here but there is quite a few 200's.

yzfjim750

Mar 12, 2004
Tried but failed

Thanks for the info wibby, but tried it and no help from the site as it said no matchs found for my chassis number?

Regards,
Jim

codhead

~SPONSOR~
May 26, 2003
wibby said:
go to www.buykawasaki.com

click on "Vehicle Information"

type in the VIN number

that doesn't work on british bikes I think it is just for american kawasaki's

codhead

~SPONSOR~
May 26, 2003
I got the frame number of the back of my service manual and just matched it up with my bikes number

on my 200 it had E1 printed on the top of the cylinder casing check yours and if its got one ring any team green dealer and they should be able to tell you from that

if you need any parts for your kdx there is a mail order service from Cradley Kawasaki its one of the best places i found for getting bits, quick to :thumb:

yzfjim750

Mar 12, 2004
Found it

Thanks for the info Cod, managed to get a answer from Kawasaki UK turns out my bike is a 1995 not a 94 so DVLA gonna update my reg plate, Happy days :thumb:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…