Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
How much air filter oil is a person supposed to use? I notice a few drops falling out of the filter into the bottom of my airbox after a days riding. I think I might be using too much.

If a person old the filter from the outside, should oil be visible on the inside?

Sorry for asking such a vague question on the internet. I would love to find a better method!

Thanks!

merlinnn

~SPONSOR~
Nov 30, 2002
I used to have my filters dripping from using to much oil, now I spend more time massaging the oil through the filter.

I use a plastic bag pouring/massaging until the whole thing is covered and the oil is visible both inside and outside the filter. Not sure if this is correct, but it works for me.

JasonWho

Apr 10, 2002
I drown mine in a plastic bag, then squeeze out the excess into a bottom corner of the bag, then cut the corner and let it drain back into the bottle. Then I get the filter in a bunch of paper towels and squeeze again. There's enough to catch dirt, while not being so much as to have run-off.

Hope this helps,
JasonWho

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
You can't squeeze too much oil off. Like Jason said, use paper towels to get as much off as you can.

trout

~SPONSOR~
Apr 23, 2003
Also try to let it sit awhile after you oil it before you reinstall it. The oil should become more tacky and less prone to dripping.

Also, I just discovered the 'NO-Toil' kit. It works great.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom