davefire24

Jul 30, 2002
I 'm trying to find out the best stuff to use to seal the air filter when you put it back in after cleaning? would apprecaite any responses.

shed

Dec 9, 2001
I use "No Toil" filter oil and amusingly named "Rim Grease"! It comes in a pack with cleaner. When you need to clean your filter, just put some of the cleaner and some washing powder in your washing machine with the filter and put it on a warm cycle - they come out like new! Ive got 4 filters so I clean them all at once, oil them, then bag em up ready for use.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
If you are using a petroleum based filter oil, then use any lithium based grease. Just a line the width of your finger all the way around the filter lip is all you need. It will tack up with the oil and help seal.
If you use alcohol based filter oil, like No-Toil you need to use their grease. Lithium based petroleum greases will NOT come clean using the No-Toil cleaning solution.
I personally us No-Toil oil and lithium based grease. (too tight to buy No-Toil's stuff) My filters come spotless clean except for where I seal with grease.

RGalesi

Aug 19, 2002
Use any grease. Those white ones are sticker and will hold on tight. Don't put too much, though: the engine might suck a little into the carburator.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom