mlhend1

Apr 17, 2002
I have a 1994 KDX 200 with FMF Fatty pipe & Silencer, airbox lid removed, Boyneson Power Reed, Torque Ring, & frp Power ring. Jetting:155, 45, and air screw out 1/2. Running BR8ES Spark plug with 40:1. Clip in the middle position. I have to run my air screw at 1/2 turn out otherwise it starts reving and starts to lean out. I replaced all the gaskets aorund the carborator, reeds and valves. What's up?

Last edited:

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
All the time? Or maybe you're talking about a choke-cold start?

So, at 1/2 out it's ok, but at 3/4 out it '..starts revving...'?

If it's the choke-cold idle thing you're talking about, that's not uncommon. Tap the kill button (thanks jayhawk) to control that until the cold case gets enough fuel in it to bring things back to 'normal'.

If (for example) 1.25 out is where you need to be for throttle response, but 1/2 out is where it starts best, then it's a good thing it's an easy adjustment, 'eh? ;)

....or you're talking about a constant state? Maybe that's why the comments about changing things that may have been leaking?

What's up?

G. Gearloose

Pigment of ur imagination
Jul 24, 2000
torque ring eh?
any evidence of the exhause outlet/pipe leaking (spooge, puffs of smoke?). Bad O-ring?
An air leak there will effectively lean the mix.

rvguy

May 31, 2002
Do people really use the term "spooge" for excess oil? Here in the North East, "spooge" is another term for semen. I fell on the floor laughing when a fellow KDXer posted a post about pulling the plug on his spark arrestor and getting a "handful of spooge". I couldn't figure out how it got there in the first place.

KdxChode

Jun 18, 2001
hahahahahhahahahahhahaha, that's funny as sh!t. Thats what we use the term "spooge" for here in the NW. I just never thought of it when reading a post about pipes, jetting or premix.

Moose95

Sponsoring Member
Mar 9, 2002
Originally posted by rvguy
I fell on the floor laughing when a fellow KDXer posted a post about pulling the plug on his spark arrestor and getting a "handful of spooge".

Yeah dude, that was my post. Man oh man did my buddies laugh when I ended up with a handful of the nasty! BTW if you haven't pulled the plug on your S/A do so soon and be sure to have a two hands ready, 'cause if you went over one tank on the 32:1 (like me) it'll be a handful and then some.

rvguy

May 31, 2002
When I put my TC II on, I pulled the plug on the stocker. I got a teaspoon full after about 6 tanks. I rejetted the bike when I got it and run Maxima Super M @ 40:1. My fender, on the other hand, still turns black after a few rides.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom