Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
This video is not for the faint of heart, if you are easily upset watching someone get injured I'd hit the back button on the browser now.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LQNRFubW9KA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LQNRFubW9KA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Racerxill.com said:
July 07, 2008
Mike Alessi Likely Out for the Rest Summer

Rockstar/Makita Suzuki's Mike Alessi suffered two broken shoulder blades (scapulas) in his horrific crash at the start of the second 450 moto at Red Bud yesterday, as well as a broken rib and a concussion, according to the family's Alessi Weekly online report.

According to the report:

"Well, it's a sad time now for the Alessi family, after Mike crashed and was injured today at the Red Bud AMA outdoor national.

"I thank GOD for my son Mike Alessi's life tonight and will keep the faith and stay the course!

"Mike fractured both scapulas, his rib, and bruised his lung. He will be out of action until he is 100% fit to ride!

"Jeff, meanwhile, recorded his best ever AMA 450-class finish with a sixth overall!"

Alessi is likely to be out for the rest of the 2008 AMA Toyota Motocross Championship, where he was holding second in the rankings behind James Stewart. Stay tuned for more details.

mkelly04

Jul 27, 2007
That is the worst wreak I have ever seen.

By my count he got ran over at least 5 times!

I've never really liked him as a rider, but I'm glad he wasnt hurt worse and hope that he makes a full recovery.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Dayum! That was ugly. :yikes:

Never been a big fan of the Alessi's but the boys have really stepped up their game in the last season.

Looks like the rest of the season will be a snore-fest with James winning, changing his clothes and having dinner before second place crosses the line. :whoa:

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Man what a bummer! Sucks to see guys get hurt like that. Makes it worse to watch 'em get run over a bunch of times. It will definately make the outdoor season less exciting without Alessi's holeshots. I was hoping he could give James a run for it!

Creeper9

~SPONSOR~
Oct 28, 1999
Yeah, that was UGLY! :whoa: I was there at the top of the ski jump when it happened. I saw him and his bike go flipping through the air, but that was it. The next time I saw him was when he came up on the amublance. Dude looked like he was in a lot of pain. I was surprised to see (on his website) that he only broke both scapulas, some ribs, and bruised his lung. I would have figured a leg, or an arm too.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Man, tough break for Alessi. We were there, pretty scary, took a while after the red flag to get going again... but glad to see it didn't end up worse considering the situation. Mike was riding awesome this year, Stewart's top competition for sure. Heal up soon #800!

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Man that was ugly. No matter what anyone thinks of his attitude in the past (I am one that had no use for him) we all must be glad he came out as well as he did. He was really maturing since he went to Suzuki and RD got his dad away from him. His results were great and he was beginning to show a better side on the podium as well as in the pits.
Hope he is 100% in time for the SX and his absence will really make it a boring final part of the outdoors.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I hope he can bounce back from that in time for next year. Seems like Mike Alessi was about the only guy in the MX class not content with Bubba running away with the series, and willing to do whatever he could to catch JBS. That all out attitude will be missed this year.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
That crash was unreal pain! He seemingly landed at the bottom, g'd-out, he was done riding the bike! He was just a rag doll coming over that little jump. Hey flagger, WAKE UP, I really wanted to shoot that guy! He was scared? He had enough people yelling at him, too late! When Renner(#75) ran him over 3 or 4 guys were ready to go flag themselves! Honestly, he could have at least stopped Renner from running over his head. The track crew was busy stopping the track photographers, but not mine. Erin even showed up to console his girlfriend. The restart moto was a real yawn for Stewart. He really should start backwards.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Prayers out to ya, Mike.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Damn! Get well soon Mike, you were keeping James honest and I bet you will do more then that soon!
Kevin

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Mike's interview on the Budds Creek National on tv. Especially his new nickname"SpeedBump"?

That was good stuff... But what the hell was with that british dude and the 250F spoiler..

I really wish they'd get some freakin professionals in there to broadcast these races.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
:cool:

Kevin

Vic said:
"This most beautiful system of sun, planets and comets could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being."

Sir Isaac Newton

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
Mike is one of my least favorite riders... but I wish him the best for a full and speedy recovery... I was seriously fearful for his life while I was watching that accident unfold...

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom