kstout4life

Aug 2, 2004
had shoulder surgery about 6 weeks ago for a torn rotator cuff. i worked on my bikes carb and changed the oil. then went for a quick spin. man it felt good to be riding again :) the shoulder didnt give me any problems at all. it rained the day before jus enough to get the ground tacky and it was so perfect. ive prolly got 1 or 2 more weeks of physical therapy before i get the go ahead to really start bangin my bike around. the other day the one therapist was stretching my arm over my head, she was trying to get a measurement and she went a little to far and it popped really loud. it scared the hell outa me :ahhh: but she said it was prolly some scar tissue. any1 every had that happen to them?

monsterkx

Jul 12, 2005
i never heared of this happening, but i know what it is like to be injured and then finally get back on the bike. in janruary i broke my foot and had screws put in it i was on crutches for 2 months and off the bike for about 3 months... im grand now and was racing last weekend. it feels great to be out racing again.

good luck with the shoulder.....

AlaskanRider

Aug 9, 2005
Somethings wrong with my knee and if I twist my leg a little bit, like stretching I can make it pop and it like makes me feel like a popcorn kernel. :nener: :coocoo:

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
kstout4life said:
the other day the one therapist was stretching my arm over my head, she was trying to get a measurement and she went a little to far and it popped really loud. it scared the hell outa me :ahhh: but she said it was prolly some scar tissue. any1 every had that happen to them?

Sounds like she broke through an 'adhesion'. After some surgeries, scarring will cause bands of tissues to adhere to one another. By forcing the movement, the adhesion between the tissue layers is broken. I had a few with one of my knee surgeries, and some other people in the therapist at the same time had lots of them. It can be quite loud but usually does not hurt too bad (quick burst of pain, but not horrible agony). Sometimes breaking adhesions is necessary to getting your range of motion back.

kstout4life

Aug 2, 2004
i only had one pop like that and i gained alot more range of motion after that. right now i dont have full range of motion, but am pretty close. i have been doing some "light" trails riding and i dont have any problems. i still would like to be able to throw a baseball soon, but it'll take time.

monsterkx

Jul 12, 2005
AlaskanRider said:
Somethings wrong with my knee and if I twist my leg a little bit, like stretching I can make it pop and it like makes me feel like a popcorn kernel. :nener: :coocoo:

did u ever break your knee before? i broke my knee 3 years ago and now i can`t kneel down without my knee clicking...popping..etc.... i dunno wats wrong but sure f*#~k
it. if i can walk on it then its ok! good luck... :cool:

Top Bottom