jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
What is the story on getting Alpinestars to fix their boots?
I used the forum search and didn't come up with much...

I have some Tech 6 boots and the soles are trashed. What have you guys done to remedy this problem?

FWIW - I sent Alpinestars an e-mail via the addresses listed on their site. Does anyone have any other contact information?

jeffd

Last edited:

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
jeffd, I sent my 3 month old Tech 6s back to Alpinestar after the soles were trashed. I didn't keep the # for Alpinestar (due to the fact that I think they are junk, and I won't ever own them again, even though I wore Alps for years before) but I did contact them thru email as you did, and they emialed me back with a #. But I know there were alot of DRNs that had this problem and probably still have their #. They told me to send in my boots, and that they would look at them and decide if the damage was due to faulty workmanship, or wear and tear:silly: . After they made up their minds it was a faulty sole, and after I paid shipping to get the boots to them. I had them back in about 2or3 weeks. They gave me the options of getting the same type of soles put on, or having a new compound of sole put on. I opted for the new compound sole (but couldn't tell any difference). I ended up selling them right when I got them back. And orede the Sidi Force Flex:cool: . I recomend selling your Alps (junk in my opinion) and seriously look into the the Sidi. They are great, and holding up awsome, (and I ride woods). Check out the review of them here, if you haven't already. Sorry to hear about you'r boots. I know how that feels, as do many others in this site:(

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
Jeffd: I bought Wraith's T6s; the soles seem fine but I have only 2 easy rides on them, so I cannot tell if the "new" compound is any better; the old compound is definitely junk - my 1-year old T8 (soles) lasted just outside of warranty B4 needing new soles :(

If U like your T6s & want to keep them, call Resole - 800-944-2755. They did my T8s w/Sidi (better) soles for $70-80, shipping, etc. inc. They will send you a box to ship the boots to them. :think He did not give me a discount for mentioning this.

I plan on giving the T8s (in excellent shape) to my son, using my T6s for enduros & buying some used Vectors for trail riding. I had a pair of (new) old-stye Sidis as a backup, but sold them (gave them away when the chin guard cracked when cleaning!)

B4 I bought the T6s, I tried the Sidi flex-hinged sew-on sole models; liked the fit & flex but T6s have better toe protection (I'm hard on toes), nor the looks - they R well made & comfortable, quality is = to AlpineStars in every other way, but butt ugly.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
I do like my tech 6 boots. I added Dr. Scholl's inserts and they are very comfortable and so far have given me the protection I need. It is just the soles are crap... :think

I'll see what Alpinestars has to say about it. I do wish I had that phone number...

Too bad I threw the box away. :(

-jeffd

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
UPDATE

Here is the reply from Alpinestars via e-mail. It seems that they are willing to stand by their product. Points awarded for that IMO...
+++

----- Original Message -----
To: Customer.us1 <customer.us1@alpinestars.com
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2001 7:21 AM
Subject: Re: Alpinestars Tech 6 Boot Soles - Quality Concern

Dear Jeff,
Thank you for your e-mail. I am sorry to hear you are experiencing
problems with your boots.
Please call the Alpinestars USA office at 1800 727 8277 and I will issue
you a return authorization number to send in your boots for possible repair or
replacement.

Best regards,
Karen- Alpinestars USA

----- Original Message -----
To: <talk-to-us@alpinestars.com
Cc: <customer.us1@alpinestars.com
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2001 2:08 PM
Subject: Alpinestars Tech 6 Boot Soles - Quality Concern

To whom it may concern:

I am writing this letter out of concern. I purchased some new Alpinestars
Tech 6 series motocross boots because of the reputation I had heard
regarding the superior protection and quality of the product.

While I have enjoyed great protection, I am concerned about the quality
of the boot as my soles are literally falling apart. I am a casual rider
that might get in 2 rides a month. I have had the boots just a little over
a year and the soles are in horrible shape. I am not alone in this as
several acquaintances of mine have experienced the same condition with
their Tech 6 and Tech 8 boots.

What can be done to remedy my situation? I would hope that
Alpinestars would be willing to stand by their product and rectify this defect.
Please advise me if this is feasible; if not then I foresee a pair of Fox
Formas in my gear bag in the near future...

Sincerely,
Jeff DeFord

Wraith

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
That is the same respnse I got from them. We all talked to Karen too. She's a super lady.I called and asked them what they meant by "possible repair or replacement". And they said they'd judge wethere it was wear and tear, or faulty product. Mine were as new as yours are. So I doubt you'll have any problem getting them to fix it. I think that they didn't a choice (when it came to standing behind their product) because of all the boots, or soles I should say, that were getting returned.

slideways11

Sponsoring Member
Apr 18, 2000
It is nice to here that Alpine Star is standing behind there boots. Wish I could say the same for sidi. I have had nothing but trouble from my force boots since I bought them. There customer service is so pathetic that I just gave up on trying to get the parts I needed to fix my boots and ordered a new pair of boots (not sidi's)
01cr250 02yz250@125

Wraith

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
slideways11, what kind of trouble did you have with your Sidi? Was it just parts like straps or plates you needed or a defect of some sort? I found at http://www.motonation.com there web page gave great information on their warranty, and how to go about getting a problem fixed Here's what they said

" WARRANTY Sidi manufactures the finest motorcycle boots in the world! With minimal care and attention, these hand-crafted Italian boots will provide many hours of enjoyment. However, they are not indestructible. PLEASE TAKE THE TIME... to read the maintenance recommendations listed inside the warranty card and above, and treat your boots as you would any quality investment, with respect and care.
Sidi boots are warranted for the usable life of the boot against any manufacturer's defects. All Sidi boots are constructed using only the finest construction methods and materials. If Motonation determines that the boots in question do have a material or construction defect then they will be repaired or replaced at no charge. Warranty is void if, in our opinion, the product has been improperly maintained, misused, altered, crashed, damaged by improper motorcycle starting procedures or modified in any way, or if the usable life of the boot has expired.
We reserve the right to repair or replace, at our discretion, any valid warranty claim. In addition to providing complete warranty repair or replacement for your boots we also offer comprehensive boot repair services for a nominal charge (cost varies with work required). This added service is helpful when, as a result of enjoying your boots, you experience a difficulty that is not covered under warranty.
Sole Performance, our designated repair center, has the ability to re-stitch broken threads, replace broken or stripped receptacles, and perform whatever magic is required to get your boots repaired and back to you in less than ten working days from the date that they receives your boots.
RETURN AUTHORIZATION NUMBER A Return Authorization Number is required in order for us to begin processing a warranty claim or repairing your boots. To obtain an RA# or discuss a problem that you may be experiencing with your boots you may call us at 877-789-4940. You will be responsible for the cost of shipping the boots to us: If your problem is covered under warranty we will pay for the return freight. It will be sent UPS Ground unless you request more immediate handling. We will then charge you for the difference between UPS Ground and your requested handling. Any other return will require that you pay for shipping to and from Motonation."

Top Bottom