AMA / JamSports Supercross Deal Off AMA Website

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
The plot thickens. . .

Surely CCE and the AMA will work out some sort of deal. Will the AMA capitulate? Will CCE compromise?

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
I think this is a good thing? I never really fully took a side on the whole CCE vs AMA fight, but if this means that they will get back to working together then it is surely good. I'm not really sure as to what side was more right, but I know that two SX championships was bad news.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I am both happy and saddened. How the mighty have fallen. The AMA looks like the big loser in this (to a lay person like myself), and Clear Channel looks like a big bully.

Hopefully they can get together and have a group hug, and all will be well next year.

I just hope the extended series doesn't hurt the Nationals.

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
I'm not so sure about that Pred--

Originally posted by XRpredator
The AMA looks like the big loser in this

The pro paychecks will now be larger, riders and fans will be the winner in this which is who's interests the AMA has.

I am not saying that this was the AMA's plan all along, but the only party that was really benefiting from the way things were is Pace/CCE.

There will be some new markets that have been created for SX.

The title for a World SX series will become more legitimate.

Live TV coverage will be part of the future instead of more Pay for View.

As ugly as this whole issue has been, I think there will be more good than bad that will come out of all this---for the riders and fans benefit! :cool:

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Re: I'm not so sure about that Pred--

Originally posted by KWJams

The pro paychecks will now be larger:

I hope that is true, but my guess is that Jam will receive a hefty buyout package to avoid a lawsuit. Essentially, even though Jam never promoted a race, they will get paid their price before the riders see an extra $.

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
Who knows??

Maybe they will be part of the picture of making the riders into household names which is part of their specialty.

AMA=Sanctioning Body

CCE=Event Promoter

Jam=Marketing

:cool:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I think that's what the AST (Action Sports Team) deal is all about. Kinda like how all the NASCAR guys get merchandised.

I'm glad someone's an optomist. :)

Top Bottom