Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
fred2 said:
mmellorxr and I are heading out to Amago this Friday if anyone wants to join us.

Hey George.

Congrats on the new bike. :cool: Would that be fred3? ;)

Do you happen to know if the supermoto track will be open at Amago? Elk and I are looking for a place to ride but I have my bike set up for supermoto right now.

Ol'89r

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
Thanks for the congrats 89r. The KTM has tried to load itself up several times. I have it tied down in the garage right now.

I'll have to think about the fred3 thing. fred2 was conceived since it was my second KDX. No name for the KTM so I'll probably just wait till my kids can come up with a name for it. I'll probably just keep fred2 for myself.

No idea about the supermoto track. I'll let you know when we go.

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
89r,

We did in fact go to Amago and it was pretty fun. The vet track had a lot of jumps and cool double and the main track had some really nice tables and was pretty dusty. It looks like that track is pretty new and they haven't got the watering down. ???? Lots of thick loose dirt.

We talked to a guy there and I guess they are running Super Moto. But it's just on the old kart track. I don't think they've added for a normal Super Moto track. Supposedly Metz was riding out there last week.

dingoe

Feb 13, 2003
Fred2, Did they charge you $20.00 or $25.00 to ride. I saw on proride.com that they were going to charge 25.00 now.

thanks

ed

SoCal

Oct 4, 2003
Planet Xtreme admission is $20. I was there today. Probably 6 other riders all day. A lot of the main track was kinda chopped up and chunky. Guess they're tryin to loosen up the hard packed surface. Not all tables.

I'm a newbie(so what do I know), but the new vet track layout is good for me. The track is in a canyon, so there are significant elevation changes and most of the track is through a wooded area with some tight corners and about 6 tabletops. The biggest problem with the new track is, a lot of it is loose dirt. Because of the terrain, and small staff(practically a one man show), its hard to get water on all of it. Last Friday they were watering it, but nothing was done maintenance wise to any of the tracks today. The Pee Wee track is there, sort of. Looks like they're still not done in that area. With the small staff and what they're trying to do, it looks like progress will be a little slow.

By the way, the guy said they're geting some go carts to rent from Miramar Speed Circuit.

Last edited:

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
As far as admission I don't think they police that very well. I think it's because what SoCal said. It's a one man show. They didn't collect any money from me or make me sign anything. Of course it was a Friday when I went and there were a handful of people there.

Top Bottom