Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
I'm planning to head to Amago on Sun Oct, 24. If anyone wants to meet us down there lets meet up. I'm giving you guys 2 weeks notice so plan on it. ;)

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
There's just always too much riding and racing going on down here in wonderful So Cal !!! Aren't we lucky !

Tree - I would go but I've already begun mentally preparing myself to race the 100s MC hare and hound national out at Lucerne Valley that weekend.

Have fun and make sure we get a report !

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
Wow Tony, that would be quite a haul for you. Stop by and pick up 89er on the way that way I can get smoked by someone younger and older then me. :laugh:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Tree said:
Wow Tony, that would be quite a haul for you. Stop by and pick up 89er on the way QUOTE]

Tree.

I should be able to make this one. Not sure what wheels to bring. Had my CRF set up with the motard wheels and just changed them back to the mx wheels. May have to go back to the tard wheels for Amago. Would that make me re-tarded? :ohmy: I'm so confused. :yikes:

Ok, the rest of you just shut up. ;) I already know what your thinkin' :moon:

Ol'89r

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Ol'89r said:
Tree said:
Wow Tony, that would be quite a haul for you. Stop by and pick up 89er on the way QUOTE]

Would that make me re-tarded? :ohmy: I'm so confused. :yikes:

No. That makes you a re-tread. :nener:

Tinkrides

Oct 7, 2004
I'm gonna go out there - I look forward to meeting some of you guys who have been so kind to welcome me to the site and the world of riding. It'll be my first time on the track, so this will give you plenty of opportunity to laugh at me. :rotfl: (Come out just to make yourself feel better, no really!) I really hope some other beginners are there - I'm skerred, but I have good health insurance... :eek:
See everyone soon!

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Tree said:
I'm planning to head to Amago on Sun Oct, 24. If anyone wants to meet us down there lets meet up. I'm giving you guys 2 weeks notice so plan on it. ;)

Where's that? I assume SD.

Tinkrrides, I'm sure some us us can show you how to put that health ins to good use. :p If only you got frequent flyer miles for hospital visits. :clue:

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
I'm out. Looks like Eric has talked me into doing the National H&H out at Lucern.

Sorry Tree, I'll catch you guys next time. Have fun.

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
Here's the info on the track:

Planet Xtreme Park is located on the La Jolla Indian reservation at the base of Palomar Mountain. The track is roughly 23 miles east of highway 15 on the 76. It’s about 1-1/2 hours from San Diego and Riverside.

The address is 22004 Hwy 76, Pauma Valley CA 92061

From Temecula: 15 south exit 76 east, go 23 miles and turn right on Sengme Oaks Rd. You’ll see the sign.

From San Diego: 15 North exit Valley Parkway, head out through Escondido through Valley Center and turn right on 76. Turn right on Sengme Oaks Rd. You’ll see the sign.

Track hours:

Wednesday thru Friday --- 10AM to 7PM

Saturday and Sunday --- 9AM to 7PM

Gate Fees: $20.00 per bike, $15.00 per peewee, Spectators get free admission

dingoe

Feb 13, 2003
Tree, Are you all going to park up at the main track or down by the vet? Haven't been there in a few months, so they may have done away with the parking down by the vet and peewee track. Was a small area with the change in track layout.

My kids like that track, so if we're not at the MC's we may show up. If all goes well I'll be without a bike, so I'll play flagger for any of the little ones. If I still have it maybe I'll just have to get it dirty one more time.

If you all know of anyone looking for a desert/enduro monster (Husky TE570) please pass the word. It's on the D37 board and the cycletrader.net

Thanks

We may see you all there.

One problem with weekends though, No Flaggers (unless they got their act together) and it gets sketchy. keep an eye on the kids if they go.

Fridays are usually good day out there.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I'm in I think, with Jr, it's his birthday so I wanted to take him riding for the day. First time at this track and it sounds like a greta one already! What time we meeting there, and where do we park? I can meet up with 89r on the way down and help him read the street signs. :moon:

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
We'll be there between 9:00-9:30am. :yeehaw:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Great! See you there bud, and bring my damn tutu! :)

Tinkrides

Oct 7, 2004
Rain rain go AWAY!

:| Who ordered this weather? Mind you, it's very relaxing and nice, but i don't think it's good for riding... Will this turn Amago to mud and slush? I guess just keep me updated on what's going to happen Sunday (still a few days away).

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
Yea we're just going out for fun. It is supposed to stop raining by thurs. night. I'll call the track on Sat. and get some info on the condition of the track but it should be dryed out by Sun. :cool:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Tree.

Gonna have to pass on this one. :bang:

Some family stuff came up.

Have fun, be safe and be sure to roost elk for me. ;) :rotfl:

See ya next time.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
We're leaving here by 8 so we should be there between 9 and 9:30. Yellow ranger, can't miss it!

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
Sorry to hear you won't make it 89er. :( I just talked to a guy from the track this afternoon. He said the track is in great shape. The rain really helped it. No standing water and they will be grooming it tonight and in the morning so it should be in pristene condition. :cool: I'll see whoever shows tomorrow look for a red jeep pulling a trailer.

Tinkrides

Oct 7, 2004
woo hoo! God, I am so glad the track is in good condition - I just spent WAY too much time trying to load my bike (first time by myself; I don't know if you could even call it loading, but it's in the back of the truck), then even MORE time trying to situate it (also first time by myself). So, while feeling empowered, I'm also feeling tired. Tomorrow will be the first time unloading, so feel free to gather round and laugh (or catch me and/or the bike when I eat it). I'll see everyone around 9-9:30 - silverish Chevy s-10, Suzuki in the back.

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
Although I can't make this (stupid broken bone) you all have fun, and I'll try to get there one of these weekends.

Tinkrides

Oct 7, 2004
Woo Hoo

I just wanted to say THANKS to Tree (and crew) and SGR for a really fun time out at Amago today. Everyone was so great and encouraging - and only laughed at me a little... :) I'm super-sore already, but I can't wait to go back and try other tracks in the future (SGR = Lake Elsinore). I managed to unload the bike with no incident - I hope loading it gets better. I'm really glad I got to meet so many new and fun people, and I can't wait to ride more.

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
Way to go Tink. It was great meeting you. :cool: You did excellent considering it was you first track experience. Now that you're part of the crew just check the board for more rides. Before you know it you'll be doing the doubles. And I'm not talking about the drinks that Steve will be making out at Ocottillo. ;)

sgr- it was great seeing you again. It's been too long. I hope you can make some more rides this season.

Elk-How'd you and your crew like the track? You guys seemed to be clipping through it pretty well.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom