Ammerillo, Lake McKensie

Person8

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 24, 2001
How far from Stillwater is it? I'm expecting about an 8 hour drive from El Paso.

Larry

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
It looks like my oldest son will be coming too. He's curious about the terrain. I have tried to explain it too him but have had no luck. Thanks for all the work Trailryder. I know how you feel getting ready, I go through the same thing when we have rides at our farm.

I will need you to PM directions to your house Dwreck. I'll try to be there around five.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
My guess is no more than 7 for Person8 unless you stop a lot. Less if you drive more than 70, but we all know that speeding is not allowed or recomended :)

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Trailryder

Would our permit still be valid from last time and all we need to do is pay fees right? As I remember last from last time it was something like 5 bucks for the year permit and then a couple of bucks per day?

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
i second that. how much do we need to have ready for riding so we dont get held up signing in. my bike number is 246 cr(black) riding on sat and sun.

Trailryder42

Feb 6, 2000
Dan, I think you must be confused. Annual entry permits are $35 and expire in December.
Here's another rundown on fees:
Daily Entry(13 and older): $2 per person
Daily Camping(tent or RV not requiring hookups): $3
Daily RV Camping(hookups): $10
Daily Riding(per bike): $2
Meals: $6.95 per person

Here's an example of what my fees will be:
Entry fee for 3 days(Fri-Sun)= $6
Riding fee for 3 days(Fri-Sun)= $6
Camping fee for Fri & Sat(RV+ hookups) $20

Figure your fees similarly.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Well I did a nice solo ride at the Lake today, gotta love working for a banking organization (I get all the bank holidays). I had the lake to myself, not a soul in sight, no campers, day trippers, atv's, nothing. Did a couple of the easier trails, and ended up with some of the more hairy drop off sections and down hills. Boy, it is a lot rougher and washed out from last I was there, had to hang on really tight in some sections, pretty much out of control tail wagging stuff. Still the Pamp did its thing and I could climb out most hills in 3rd or 2nd.

And it was great riding weather, in the 60's, no wind, some sun, had a great time warming up for the spodefest.

Derek, I lost your number, so you will have to email me, or give me a call. dennill@prodigy.net.

Cheers

Alan

CSL

Oct 30, 2000
Hey Derek,

Did you happen to reserve any tent sites? Or just the RV sites? Or, are there so many camping sites that we don't need to reserve?

Jen and I are camping, although we won't get there until Saturday morning. It's about a 10 hour drive, so I figure we'll roll in around 3am and just sleep in the truck.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
We rolled in around midnight last year.If IIi remember right there was plenty of room for tents around the trailers. With the electricty there shouldn't be any generators running. ;) Hope it's not too cold for you though.

Person8

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 24, 2001
Just bring a space heater and run an extension to one of the trailer hookups. It's been getting a bit nippy at night.

Larry

Trailryder42

Feb 6, 2000
Hey Will, Justins right. There should be plenty of room for setting up a tent around the RVs. And I'm sure we can do better than you sleeping in the truck when you get it. I bet I could squeeze y'all in my pop-up for the night. I don't think there's going to be anyone in there besides me Friday night.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
TX246- Are you coming alone??

I'm actually getting excited about this trip.

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
Originally posted by justql
You in Craig???
As of right now, it's still a GO!
Gotta get through the enduro at Matador, this Sunday....

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
i have talked a bit with mike kimbro. he was there on the last ride. if i can get my stuff together at work, i hope to ride with them. i really cant wait. as a matter of fact i thought it was this weekend...........aaahhhhhhhhh. i can wait. i have this really pretty cool looking motorcycle and i have gotten it dirty exactly 0 times since cooperland. hey justin, do me a favor and pm lorin and tell him i got the bar.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Glad you received the bar Gene. If for some reason you dont like it, let me know and I will tear up the check. If so, just bring them with you to TX next weekend and I will get them from you there.

Person8

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 24, 2001
One more week! Can't wait. Gotta get all my stuff together and ready to load up in the truck.

Larry

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Time to start getting ready....... this is going to be fun.

No spark arrestors needed if I remember right.

Trailryder42

Feb 6, 2000
Spark Arrestors: I've never had them ask or check or state that they were required. But as always, if you have one it wouldn't hurt to have it on but if not, I wouldn't worry about it. Just don't advertise the fact that you don't have one.

If any of you are keeping up with the weather here you see that next week is 60s* weather. Hope it holds for the weekend. This Sunday is low 70s.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
HS, what is our logistic plans for Friday? I think I will be able to take Friday off and my Dad is considering taking the land yacht out and joining the fun.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Dwreck's house at 5:00.

You, OKKXer, Dwreck, Quint and I in my rig.&nbsp;

Is tangell traveling with us?

Lorin and OldMaico nut will probably be there before we even leave.

If your dad goes then will you still travel with us?

tangell

Oct 14, 2002
Originally posted by justql
Is tangell traveling with us?

Yes, that would be great, I'll see you at Dwreck's. Will the caravan be stopping to eat anywhere, or should I eat before we start out?

Toby

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Not sure. I'll see when he would want to leave. He only drives 50-55 so he'll be slow.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…