BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by DWreck
By the way, does everyone who is meeting at my house on Friday know how to get there?
No, enlighten me.

OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
"Nice" and "Mid 40's" in the same post huh!!?? :eek: I wonder what it's like to ride Lake McKenzie in nice weather. Look for Lorin, Kathy, and I about 4ish Friday

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
OldMaicoNut, look for my dad's Bounder, he should be there by then.

CSL

Oct 30, 2000
Hey Derek,
Thanks for all the good info. And especially, thanks for organizing things!! :worship:

We'll see y'all on Friday night. Please count us in on the meals and the cabin. :thumb:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Can't wait to get there Friday, and I have an hours drive sheeesh ! - CSL and CJ rider, do you guys ride mountain bikes, a visit to the Palo Duro Canyon is a must - the spodefest is just south of the canyon. Also if you looking for a place to crash Sunday night, you guys are welcome at my place - We have a bedroom with en-suite bath for guests.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Did they recently open the Canyon up to Mountain bikes? I never went other than to hike, but I remember somebody telling me that it was not allowed out there?

Person8

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 24, 2001
Spent some time messin around with the bike last night.  Just about ready to go.  I only need to put in a clean air filter and gas it up on the way out of town. 

How far out of Amarillo is the lake?

Larry

CSL

Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by Person8
How far out of Amarillo is the lake?

Larry

Mapquest puts it about 70 miles.

Hey BunduBasher,
We might just take you up on the offer for Sunday night. :cool:

Trailryder42

Feb 6, 2000
Hey Dan, Palo Duro has been allowing mountain bikes in for the last several years. There's some good trail out there too. It would be awesome if they opened it to dirtbikes, but that will never happen.

Will is right about the distance of the lake from Amarillo, 70 miles(1 hour).

The latest weather forecast looks better. 65 Friday, 60 Saturday, 50s Sunday and not showing any rain.

Person8

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 24, 2001
Originally posted by Trailryder42
The latest weather forecast looks better. 65 Friday, 60 Saturday, 50s Sunday and not showing any rain.

Sounds like good riding weather - especially the no rain part.

Larry

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I regret to inform you that I will not be traveling to this ride.  I can't explain right now.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Sorry to hear that Brian. You will be missed.

Calcaneus

~SPONSOR~
Sep 26, 2001
Sorry to here you can't make it Brian. Derek , I have a couple of guys from Panhandle coming with me. We are only staying for the day on Sat.

Trailryder42

Feb 6, 2000
Latest weather report says 71 Friday and Saturday with a high of 41 Sunday and freezing rain moving in Sun. night. Some snow by Tuesday. Looks like we're gonna luck out and get this one last ride in for the year.

CSL

Oct 30, 2000
Hey y'all,

How's the "other activities in the area"? I may be reduced to spectator for the weekend (lower back stuff), but I know how bad Jen wants to go. Is there decent hiking in/around those nearby canyons? Is everyone riding? Or are there some other folk just going to guard the beer cooler? ;) Maybe I could man one of the poker run card stations...

Thanks,
Gimpy

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Sorry you can't ride :(  Pala Duro canyon is not to far off and has great hiking.  Depends on what you like to do.  You might cruise 6th street (antique and other shops, also a good place to grab lunch and a cold one) or take a trip to see Caddilac Ranch.  At night if you have never seen it, they put on the a play in Pala Duro canyon "Texas" not sure if that is still there, but I remeber going in the fall.  You could check out the Quart Horse Musem (along I-40).   Trailryder might know of some other stuff to do, but thats about all I remember.

Trailryder42

Feb 6, 2000
Sure Will, the people that live out there hike all the time. Then there's fishing if you have a Texas license. What happened to your back? Or is it an old injury that flares up now and then? Working a poker run station would be great. We'll post you at the closest one out of camp.

Trailryder42

Feb 6, 2000
Like Dan said, I'm sure you'd enjoy Palo Duro canyon. Lots of hiking there. You could take a walk back to a formation called the Lighthouse. Depends on what the weather is doing tho too I imagine. I'll try to think of some other activities by the time we see you.

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
Um... Will (CSL) had a slight altercation with a tree during a spirited dirt ride recently and then there was this nasty looking ditch that just reached up and grabbed him right outta the tree. One of the guys saw the whole thing and said it was AMAZING! I got turned around just in time to see two dirt tires and a boot sticking up outta the ditch so I missed all the action. The story gets better, though, after a couple of beers...

I hope ya'll are OK with me tagging along on the dirt rides, OK?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom