Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
despite unusually cool weather and rain on Monday and Tuesday, about half the attendees had arrived, checked in and settled into their tents and RV's. Some brave souls tackled the Junior MX track, the kiddies tested the newly carved peewee track.

Woodsmen are not to be intimidated by weather and braved the woods to blaze a trail for the first official event, the Poker Run on Day 3.. results are in and will be announced at the Riders Meeting at 8:30 Thursday AM

By afternoon Wednesday, the weather improved dramatically, the sun came out and the bikes were rolling onto the various tracks. Guy Cooper, MrLuckey and others were finalizing the HS configuration which will present some interesting new terrain and obstacles...

While the official high (temperature) for today was 55F, a historic low, the temperature will be be in the 70s for the rest of the week...

The day ended with the second round of door-prizes and give-aways supplied by the numerous Sponsors of Dirtweek 2003... and the trailer is still almost full of stuff; the quantity and quality of these prizes is impressive.... talk about Ogio gear bags....wow! Shoei Pastrana Replica helmet..... for the guys who have the right ticket numbers.....

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
oh man, the weather improved dramatically..... little time for posting!

there will be a flood of pictures coming soon..... as most left right after the the awards ceremonies which ended about 10PM.... man the prizes were plentyful. The Mamba found a new home at "dad"s.

The week ended as it began.... with rain... but the rain waited dutyfully until the final race had ended. Man, what a Pro/A race: Dubach and Coop swapping leads in the first moto, Dubach wiping out off a huge tabletop, got up, handed the number plate to someone, straightened the handle bars (of TXBigGuy's 450F, borrowed for the occasion), waited for Coop to come around again and 'spanked' Coop in the final laps of a 7-lap moto.
What a whip is served up by Coop! A spectacular show by those two who were joined by a brother and a relative of Coop...yes they got 'top three"... Billy ended up a solid 4th since Dubach was down a lap... again the highlight of the racing day. Then the rains came down, but we were cozy under the big top...

Dubach stayed for the awards ceremonies, spoke to the masses and said he is looking forward to next year's DW..

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
oops......
at first I thought he meant his own Dad! hehehe...

dead

Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Apr 28, 2003
The Mamba is safe and sound here in Ohio. Every time I see it I just laugh and think of how blessed I am to have it. Makes me all giddy like a school girl :aj:

Top Bottom