another 1st bike thing help is appreciated

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)
5' 6'' 115 to 120 lbs.
2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
very most of the time especially with vehicles
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????
mx/sx and messin around in trails
4) Do you have any riding experience?
just a little messin around with 80's and 70's but have been on 2 wheels all my life with bmx bikes
5) Do you think you will race ?
yes at a local track every sunday
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
i will be learning from db friends and learn any other way i can so yes
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
i was lookin at a crf150r or kx100 i would prefer a 2 stroke but it depends on if 2 strokes will be illegal soon
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
yes all
9) How much do you plan to spend on a bike?
no price limit
10) anything else that you think would help form an opinion
only that i want a bike that i can fit now but also when i grow 3 or 6 inches

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
any bike you get now wont fit you after youve grown 6 in., unless you got a 125. im going to assume your 13-15 y/o because of your physical stature. i would not consider either of the bikes you mentioned. id seriously look into getting a 125 2T, a KX125 would fit you very well. im 5'6'' 115lbs. 14 y/o riding a modded 2000 KX125( the seat height has been raised to 38.6in.), and i could easily ride this for a couple more years, depending on how much i grew. look on cycletrader.com and evilbay for this dirtbike and report back, thanx.

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
ok that helps a lot and the only thing im afraid of is when i first get it im gettin 1 for sure the beginning of spring i will then practice and race at a local track this summer and im afraid it will be too big and i will have 2 tip the bike completely sidways just 2 touch the ground also wat about a kx 100?

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
my friend, who, at that time, was 5'4'' and 110lbs., almost bought a KX100. but, it was too SMALL for him, and youre bigger than he was. still assuming youre 13-15 y/o, id get a KX125. a YZ125 is too tall and $$$. KTM125s are the smallest of all the 125s, but have one of the worst suspension setups stock and they are the fastest, this is not a beginner bike. a CR125 is about 37.8in. on the seat height, but Honda never put any R&D into their smokers. the RM125 is 37.2in., but, to me, isnt as much fun as a KX125. shoot for it.

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
now back 2 the 2 or 4 stroke ? all my friends around here say 4 strokes are "in" and better but personally i would prefer a 2 stroke y do they think 4 strokes r better

Top Bottom