Wallis

Jan 19, 2001
I don't feel like messing up my bike so I would like your input on this before I do it. I have a stock 01 220 except Boyesen power reeds and the air box mod. Everything I have read leads me to the conclusion that I need to drop down to a 142 main and a 40 pilot from the 145/42 stock jetting. Is this a good starting point? If you have any recommendations, please post.

I ride mostly woods in Michigan.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
1. Good? Probably.

2. Go to:

http://justkdx.dirtrider.net

CDave (besides a ton of other info) lists basic setups there. Trust them. They are correct. (warranty not expressed or implied, proper AF ratio only as good as the seal 'tween your reed cage and intake boot ! ;) )

Wallis

Jan 19, 2001
Thanks canyncarvr. I have read everything on justkdx and just wanted to make sure my reasoning made sense before I actually did it. Overall the maintenance of the bike is pretty easy - but jetting is requiring me to use my head and that isn't always good.

Thanks again.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
ha! I can relate to the 'not always good..' part ;)

There is quite a bit of mystery, smoke and mirrors, legend and stories it seems surrounding jetting. It's not that hard.....it's just an unknown in a lot of rider's cases.

So, get to know it! Once you get it sorted out, you'll be able to set your bike to run well no matter where you're riding (dunes on the coast or 8000' of mountains @ 80º), and that ability will give you a MUCH more enjoyable ride!

Cheers!!

Top Bottom